I Just Started and this trading is incredibly easy

Discussion in 'Forex' started by rgilbert93, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Good point. A friend of my dad's said that he was making all sorts of money in the demo, but when he got to the real thing he was losing a lot. That's why I started this whole thread.

I understand I don't need a lot of leverage, but I'm looking for decent spreads and a platform that isn't horrible. (Who isn't though)

Thanks for the tip on the broker that lets you trade like .1 lots though.

#11     Feb 15, 2010
  2. Hey rgilbert93,

Check out Oanda, you can trade as low as 1 dollar, their platform is ok (nothing special) but they seem to have ok execution.

Keep in mind that fortunes are made in decades of hard work and then can be lost overnight.

#12     Feb 15, 2010
  3. Are you old enough to trade....:eek:

#13     Feb 15, 2010
  4. Corelio

Corelio

Not only use a large amount of leverage, but use an amount capable of wiping a very large portion of your capital. That way you will quickly experience the psychological effects of a large loss, but you will also learn the most important lesson of about respecting the markets and avoid overtrading. Overtrading, being in my opinion, one of the most detrimental effects to achieve profitability.

#14     Feb 15, 2010
  5. I heard something about Oanda, something to the effect that it wasn't a "real" forex broker. I 'm not sure- maybe someone was pissed off cause they lost some money.

#15     Feb 15, 2010
  6. Ryan?

Oanda has lower spreads than FXCM.. stay away from FXCM

#16     Feb 15, 2010
  7. What about think or swim? I'm thinking of getting into futures right now too. Their pricing system seems great, but I'm not sure what their platform is like.

#17     Feb 15, 2010
  8. ryank

ryank

I've been a customer for years so I am a bit biased. I think their platform rocks! I have used other brokers for various investments but I always come back to thinkorswim. You can't beat their customer service either.

#18     Feb 15, 2010
  9. bigpapi

bigpapi

Damn right

#19     Feb 15, 2010
  10. I believe there are those with a "gift", if you will, that allows them to do amazing things in this life.
    For some it's baseball, for others it's biology or technology.
    I have more musical talent than I know what to do with.
    I play Scottish Highland Bagpipes, and give of my talents freely to the local law enforcement/firefighter community playing memorials and funerals for free.
    In all honesty, I must be a horrible piper, cuz everytime I play Amazing Grace, everyone cries! ha ha

I"ve struggled for 9 yrs with trading, and have finally had the breakthrough I've been looking for. The only "talent" I've got that I can apply to trading is an almost eidetic, or, "photographic", memory. Someone on ET once said, "for every IQ point over 100, add 4 months to the learning curve!" LOL...loved that one!

Moral of the story?
    If you believe you have a gift, don't listen to anyone else.
    Go for it.

#20     Feb 15, 2010