I just shorted the ES at 896

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Port1385, Dec 16, 2008.

1. volente_00

volente_00

#21     Dec 17, 2008
  2. Don't worry, I'm sure your 1 lot will hold the market down.... At least we have people like you to give us the easy money as the market rips...

#22     Dec 17, 2008
  3. I never covered. I know my theory is sound. Post-fed day will be a nice little crash and then on Thursday and Friday will be the big one.

#23     Dec 17, 2008
  4. Excellent! So you broke your own rules (price blew past that little red line you marked in the original post as your stop out line). Stretching your stop is definitely the way to go. Sign of a real pro - being able to handle all that pain.....teach that damn market a thing or two.

So where's your stop now? I'd like to know so I can be ready to short there (hopefully about 930 or so). :D

#24     Dec 17, 2008
  5. elbert

elbert

thanks for the info..volente

#25     Dec 17, 2008
  6. Come on Port....where's your stop? Or rather, where'd you move it to most recently? So far you're -20 ES points on it.

Please tell us when you finally take the stop out because then it'll be time for the rest of us to go short! :D

#26     Dec 17, 2008
  7. Message from the bulls: You're welcome.

SRS down -40% in 48 hours? How you're TZA doing? Average price $67 on that? Trades at $50 now.

#27     Dec 17, 2008
  8. You cant short this market. Spooz 1400 soon. If you're short I suggest cutting all losses now. You can easily make up the loss by going long.

#28     Dec 17, 2008
  9. volente_00

volente_00

No problem. Some clown on here once started a thread "YM traders" in the index futures section that went for a few years and is still to this day the highest viewed and posted thread in the index futures section. There is a lot of good information in the 900+ pages if you ever get bored.

#29     Dec 17, 2008
  10. I'll admit one thing about myself and that is I am a weak-hand rarely practice what I preach. I may come on here and say one thing, but then a few moments doing another.

I guess thats not a good thing if you are a solider, but Im not a soldier and think a traders best strategy is to live even if they are being a coward.

I covered my short on the gap down this morning and then waited all day to see where things go.

I then reshorted at yesterdays close thinking that that will act as some resistance.

You can call me what you want, but I think my strategies will make me live for another day of trading. I hate seeing my blotters in the red and quickly find an exit strategy when they are in that condition;)

#30     Dec 17, 2008