I just opened an account at ThinkorSwim. Moving from OptionsXpress

Discussion in 'Options' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Not that I have noticed, besides Peak Investing. Please note that if your a signal provider, OX requires that you be a registered money manager...CTA or CFTC/NFA regulated advisor of sorts...

This is why OX has less to offer on their list of approved AutoXecute companies. TOS has twice the amount to choose from in their AutoTrade program, and seem more willing to discuss their results with you over the phone.

Michael B.

P.S. I plan on keeping a 3x5 card on each advisory someday when I get time. This is a savantish exercise that I must do :) But I would need the moderators tolerance if I were to publish such a thing here...We do not want Electric to be banned do we? Perhaps one of these two brokers may want to fund my freelance project ????? No just kidding moderator's take it easy lol

#121     Apr 12, 2006
  2. Folks I hope this thread has been helpful to you...

I have tried to be fair and balanced.

If I have anything to add to my review I will post it here....

Watch for my complete review in the review section of ET when I get all the nuts tightened on the bolts...

Thank you for reading and contriibuting...

Michael B.

#122     Apr 12, 2006
  3. For anyone who signs up now for Optionsmart's QQQQ advisory using QQQQ credit spreads, the cost is now $100/month, not grandfathered at the previous lower rate. This is pretty high for someone with a small account (say $5,000 in an IRA).

I haven't seen a comparable service at a lower price. The Redoption advisory has several plans at $20/each, but none appears to do credit spreads on QQQQ only as Optionsmart does.

Thanks,
    D

#123     Apr 12, 2006
  4. scenic58

scenic58

Just briefly checked out Optionsmart site.

The profit/loss ratio seems a bit favorable to the downside. Q4 2005 on the buy call service, 4 winners of 3,6,6 and 2% respectively, but 4 losers of 62, 39, 84 and 86%.

There did not seem to be any winners even close to the losing percentages.

What is the main difference between the basic $50 and the $100 service apart from exit e mails?

#124     Apr 12, 2006
  5. The hundred dollar service is just the Q's. There are two parts of the service...The spreads and the straight options. AutoTrade breaks it down into two allocations...

I put double into the spreads that I do into the riskier straight calls...and I only used the service subscription for the Q's for the past two years. At times when Wifey has pulled out money, I reduce my allocations only to the Q spreads and zero in the straight options until the balance builds back up.

Michael B.

P.S. I did not notice that their other options service had a tough 4th quarter...Thanks for the heads-up.

#125     Apr 12, 2006
  6. Evidently there IS an option to sign up for e-mail notifications when a trade gets triggered. I asked Mike about it today in the chat window, and he set it up for me.

Don-

#126     Apr 12, 2006
  7. I received this in my e-mail this morning. Mike told me in the chat box yesterday that he was gonna turn on my e-mail notification, but obviously these are instructions on how to accomplish it myself. Oh well, as long as it gets done....

==============================================

Greetings,

Email confirmations have been enabled on your account. Here are some simple instructions for checking your mail.

1. Navigate to www.thinkorswim.com

2. Login (top left)

3. Click the link labeled My Accounts at the top.

4. Mouse over My Profile then click the Email Confirmations Inbox.

5. Simply click on the email you want to see. You may wish download and/or print your confirms as well.

6. Best of luck…

=============================================

Hope this helps....

Don-

#127     Apr 13, 2006
  8. I do not receive an email.....I must go to the site and look...what am I missing? They could at least send me an email telling me to go to the site!

Michael B.

#128     Apr 13, 2006