I just got turned down for a secured loan!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 24, 2008.

1. We do still give loans. Not to everyone. How it works if you are a member of a group we can and will fund any with credit worthiness. If the rate is too high then sorry. I wont lend either will my group in these times cheaper.

#21     Oct 25, 2008
  2. it sounds like you're assuming rates will climb. you're locking in the loan @ 3.5% and hoping cd's will pay a couple of % points above that in order to recoup the loss you're incurring now. is that right?

where did the 8% come from?

if i understand you right, you're getting 5% on 100k, paying 8% on 60k and paying 3.5% on 40k. that's not a money-maker.

#22     Oct 25, 2008

3. You can get a loan at the rates posted jump all over it.

#23     Oct 25, 2008
  4. Mav88

Mav88

I am about to close on a new home, have a FICO of about 785, and a little debt due to my son's college. I am still getting calls out of the blue from lenders, they were on me like stink on shit.

It was extremely easy to get this loan, and the bonus is that the builder is hustling to please me as they are scared of walk-aways in this housing environment.

There is, and never was, any credit problem for prime loans

#24     Oct 26, 2008
  5. what's your prosper handle

look at this poor bastard

http://www.lendingstats.com/lenders/carrey79

losing some 700,000$

prosper is one big scam, which ripped off alot of lenders

I am surprised no one is attempting to sue prosper, and hopefully get some money back in the process

---

http://blog.prosper.com/2008/05/30/debt-sale-update-2/

#25     Mar 1, 2009
  6. #26     Mar 1, 2009
  7. ... We also now learn that because of this incident Wandschneider, the Pepsi Cola executive and father of three, is no longer employed at Pepsi Bottling Group. Company officials refuse to comment on whether he was fired or whether he resigned from his position which has a $6 million dollar annual salary. ...

that is really sad, the guy lost his job for this bitch

#27     Mar 1, 2009