I just got turned down for a secured loan!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by peilthetraveler, Oct 24, 2008.

1. at first I was going to ask if this was a joke...

but then I realized we are all going through this Bush II nightmare, all wide awake.....

so, what's down is up and what's up is down,

and the stock market doesn't even know which direction to go in anymore....

#11     Oct 24, 2008
  2. You're not naive enough to think we live in a democracy, are you pal?

Read the bailout for yourself, it's public record. Prepare to be outraged. Get over it.

#12     Oct 25, 2008
  3. Maybe he was using the loan for a non-essential purchase and did not want to deplete his emergency saving. Sounds responsible. Just a thought.

#13     Oct 25, 2008
  4. dinoman

dinoman

Yes it is true! I know 2 bank managers and they both told me they won't consider any loan for people with a fico less than 740.

#14     Oct 25, 2008
  5. Casey30

Casey30

Obama voted "Yea" for the bailout package too!!! Same for McCain. Your either voting for a turd sandwich or a giant douche. Have fun.

#15     Oct 25, 2008
  6. Casey30

Casey30

Actually it does. You or I or anyone else just may not know which direction to take in it.

#16     Oct 25, 2008

7. Check out prosper.com. Borrow up to 25,000. I am a lender on there and if what you posted is true i have no problem funding part of that loan. Score 700 DTI 0 and good income shouldn't be a problem.

#17     Oct 25, 2008
  8. Prosper doesnt loan anymore...they are in a quiet period, plus their interest rates a little high.

#18     Oct 25, 2008
  9. Interest rates on secured loans are dirt cheap. About 3% over what the bank gives you. So if you put the money in a savings account at .5 you get a 3.5% interest rate on your loan. So lets say you put 100k in a saving account @ .5% interest and you get a loan for 100k at 3.5% interest for 5 years. Seems like you are losing money to the layman (THATS YOU!) But what I am really doing is keeping that loan for 2 years, then I throw that 100k(actually its 101k now with the interest i've accrued) into one of their CD's which pays 5%. Now i've already paid off 40k of the loan over 2 years so even though I will be paying 8% now for the next 3 years on the loan (unless they dont figure out what im doing and keep me at 3.5% which would be nice, but thats not what im trying for) Im getting 5% on the 100k and paying 8% on the 60k. If you do the math, you will see I actually make about 3500 dollars for getting this loan over the life of it. That means they basically paid ME $3500 to get a 0% interest loan.

Sorry you are not smart enough in the world of finance to see how money works. No big deal...anyone with an "average" IQ like you would've made the same mistake.

#19     Oct 25, 2008
  10. My score is low because I was sued back in 2002 and got a judgement against me. I have no deliquencies. I also just bought a house in august. DTI is 20.85%

#20     Oct 25, 2008