I Just Got Long

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Mar 6, 2009.

1. the comfort in apparent precision :D

#21     Mar 6, 2009
  2. Hey, you know what? Don't even bother putting Pabst in the same league as that idiot. I'm no fan of P.'s politics but he's an actual trader. stock_turd hasn't placed a trade in his short and pathetic life.

With regard to this call, Pabst... the big money is made going against the herd. I will just say this - if this one goes in the black, keep tight stops on it.

#22     Mar 6, 2009
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

and this time you don't have to leave...for if it breaks we be all gone....

IM with ya bro...long and strong...cross them fingers

#23     Mar 6, 2009
  4. Today looks like we could end up +300 points. The jobs numbers was better than expected. 8% unemployment isn't that high when you put it in perspectiive.

#24     Mar 6, 2009
  5. Thanks Nik. I'm long 10 at 674.50 with a 666.50 devil's stop. By the time I send this message I'll move the stop up to 671.50. It's shit or get off the pot time. Don't want to see another retest....

#25     Mar 6, 2009
  6. Well, you had a chance Pabst...until the ultimate fade showed up. :eek: You are now on the same side as the turd.:eek: :eek: :eek:

#26     Mar 6, 2009
  7. BWAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAA!!!
    :D

#27     Mar 6, 2009
  8. Yes I admit it. Told you I'd stay with them down to 675 but I panicked and bought the last in at 713. Cest' la vie....

As posted on February 26:
    "I'm cognizant that markets make lows on this kind of thing but I'm positioned with the idea that SPX may trade under 700 rather quickly."

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155220&perpage=6&pagenumber=6

#28     Mar 6, 2009
  9. Pabst,

As a knife catcher my self, I like this trade. But... this market is f--ked in so many ways. Everyday I'm amazed at how much we drop and there seems to be no end in sight. SPY needs to hold that 67.91 low...

Mike

P.S. I'm nibbling at a variety of longs at moment, but, my expectations are low.

#29     Mar 6, 2009
  10. There's just too many longs Mike. My level was good-hence a little bounce-but there's a zillion stuck longs selling the upticks. A friend who's a really good trader said this, "there's a chance that index charts will look like USO did on the break. Much further and less forgiving than anyone could imagine."

#30     Mar 6, 2009