I just got a margin call from my broker, for the second time! I’m thinking now if it’s really that b

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Saivarshinee, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Like most traders I obviously feared getting a margin call but now thinking if it is a warning call for the better, so we get the sign that it’s either time to strategize or rethink risk management.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Nobert

Nobert

Indicates lack of skill.

In most cases, it's kinda too late.

Until you are absolutely sure about your approach, - forget using margin.

(Second time ? Might be that it's a bluff, if you're using CFD's. Doesn't matter tho, because of the things mentioned above.)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    socool and tomas262 like this.
  3. smallfil

smallfil

Use risk management as your foundation. Risk no more than 2% or 1% as they suggest of newbies trying to trade the stockmarket. Use only that amount per trade. It may surprise you that it only takes a small amount of monies to make huge amounts of monies over time. Go back to the drawing board and study how to trade. Make sure any trades you make is aligned with the trend of that stock. That is simple enough to do and enter on pullbacks on a strongly uptrending stock.

4. zdreg

zdreg

Go with your thoughts 110%. In fact stop trading until you have revamped your risk management. You are an investor, not a trader if you receive margin calls.

murray t turtle, Nobert and SunTrader like this.
  5. QTrader20

QTrader20

Don't say "we" while you are the one here with extremely poor trading skills by either over leveraging or refusing to cut losses when you were wrong with your trades. Having a broker to call you twice suggest you are a terrible trader lol....

murray t turtle and Scataphagos like this.
  6. algoseek

algoseek Sponsor

Trading on margin is too much risk on its own. Maybe you should take a braek.

7. Dwayne

Dwayne

Definitely mate! That's a sign that you need to maybe re-work on your strategies.

8. zdreg

zdreg

This thread is a waste of time. The OP(original poster) has not even checked her posts since putting it up. It is typical of many not serious "traders."

9. I get it, I am completely revamping my trading plan now, obviously what I was doing isn’t working out the desired way. I am not going to be very ambitious with my tp now. Practicing now on demo where I have reduced the gap between my stop loss and take profit. Not risking more than 1% now.

Nobert likes this.
  10. Precisely what I am trying to do now, thanks

#10     Jan 11, 2021