I just found the holy grail..still not profitable though

Discussion in 'Trading' started by failed_trad3r, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Failed Trad3r... If you are basing your day trading staregy on volatility then you will always fail.. Let me explain. Volatility is when the market changes its mood from calm to wild... Now we all know that the market doesn't act the same all the time.. A great example is late 2009.. When the market slowed down like crazy.. Now if you are a daytrader then you most likely trade everyday, correct? So why would you base your strategy on something that doesn't happen everyday?

Understanding how the market works is one of the main keys to success in this business..

#31     Mar 2, 2010
  2. Noob trader: My trend trading strategies in late 2008 made me so much money, but then I got chopped in 2009. What should I do?

Answer: Get yourself a new trading strategy. You were trading volatility, not trend. You're not a trend trader.

:cool:

#32     Mar 4, 2010
  3. True

#33     Mar 4, 2010
  4. Good work. You are not 'there' yet but impressive grasp of concepts. You need to rephrase a lot, people will agree. And unlike what others say, it's not tough to anticipate change in market conditions :cool:

#34     Mar 4, 2010
  5. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

well that would depend on what time frame you are working from. basic really.

#35     Mar 4, 2010
  6. Bump to add insult to injury.

Where ya at bud? You were such a smart ass before.

#36     Mar 15, 2010