I just blew up my account today, I need a job!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 3, 2006.

1. washed up trader.

Such a positively inspirational message board.

#51     Jan 4, 2006
  2. It seems the Series 3 would lead to greater income. You are dealing with people that know about losing money and there are not churning issues. Also, it can't be too much fun holding hands with retired Pharmacists and pitching bond funds. Good luck.

#52     Jan 4, 2006
  3. Can you say would you like fries with that?

#53     Jan 5, 2006
  4. Hello:

I have a couple of seconds to mention this to you.

First, no matter what type of broker you are, you are a salesman. Sorry, but that is the bottom line.

Second, the money you make is determined by your clientele

Third, you have to be connected and you have to spend the time to develop your client base. There is no way around that unless you happen to "inherit" another broker's list. I have a broker working for me now, who took over a client list and services it.

I think that is about it. Frankly I would not want to be in that business, but "horses for courses", right?

Good luck to you, in whatever profession you decide to enter.

Steve

#54     Jan 5, 2006
  5. Cesko

Cesko

I agree with Bitstream. It's not hard to understand that people think differently. In this case, the problem for me is to comprehend people who start trading without HAVING A CLUE. If you start in this business and you find out you cannot take losses you should stop immediately. If you don't, you are having no clue what you are doing.
    In my second year I WAS DOING EVERYTHING WRONG, except taking losses. One after another like an idiot. 80% of my trades were losers. I "blew" $400.

#55     Jan 5, 2006