I just blew up my account today, I need a job!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Fair enough Kastro, I thought people could learn form their mistakes: these are serious issues that if not resolved means trading might not be your right vocation: how many accounts u WANT to blow? it's already tough to keep your carrier going while controlling your losses, no need to aggravate things further.

#31     Jan 3, 2006
  2. Peil,

I've really enjoy following your journal, I'm sorry to hear about your bad day.

I’m across town from you, in west Phoenix, anyhow, I don't know what your background is or what type of work you are willing to do, but the largest employer in AZ is Honeywell and they have 3 manufacturing plant not far from you. If you can get your foot in the door, it's good place to work, imo. If you are willing to work in a Micro chip Fab, I've heard Intel is hiring and once you get in you could move up the ladder. Also, Honeywell, Intel and similar companies will allow you to work a 2nd shift..........

Good Luck

Phxtrader

#32     Jan 3, 2006
  3. Pabst

I will over look your low class remarks and name calling as a sign of your intellect level.

Maybe your right maybe Peil should become a stockbroker and maybe he will even land your Grandmothers account. !!!

Peil

I am not being insensitive, I am just trying to be a little realistic here and if you have one shred of decency you will forget the ideal of managing other peoples money until you can manage your own.

If you think you feel lousy now, wait till you blow some little old ladies last 25k.

#33     Jan 3, 2006
  4. Im going to get my series 3 license and be a commodities broker. I doubt there are many "grandma's" in the commodities market. And besides, if you had a series 7 license you would know that most stockbrokers dont "trade" their clients accounts like a daytrader trades his own account. Its a little rule called "churning" and its a big no-no.

And besides, i wouldnt feel lousy blowing some little old ladies last 25k because she was probably on the other side of my trades when i blew out. :D

#34     Jan 3, 2006
  5. ---- are you that same sharp "elitetrader" who recently posted the following???

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from andrasnm:

why not put $4000 of your cash into a ROTH IRA and the remainder of the $1000 as next year contribution?
    Do you realize most of the jokers on ET won't have a pot to piss in when they grow old? You can trade your IRA while you are working at the point it is over $20k you can do some diversification. ..Trade some as options, some as options on futures or index funds, whatever. You have lots of options in a roth IRA.
    Just my 2 cents...you'll do whatever your instinct tells you anyway....
    but here are some benefits
    1) TAX FREE growth
    2) 57 1/2 you can take money out - again TAX FREE
    3) you can use the money to buy a house as well
    4) considering that you might blow the money at least this way you won't get overleveraged and you know that the reason you blew it was purely poor trading...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Peilpeilthetraveler
    12-26-05 02:42 PM

Quote from Peilthetraveler

This is "elitetrader.com" not "suzeorman.com The kid wants to take a risk and get rich, not do some boring safety type investing where MAYBE in 40 years he might make a few 100k to retire on. Let him trade his account...if he blows up, so what?, He can take that as a 5K lesson....if he has the determination, he will raise more money, get a better trading strategy and maybe make some money then. I know there are alot of us that think you cant make money with a 5k account. Maybe he can, maybe he cant...are the odds against you when you are undercapitalized?....yes...doesnt mean its impossible. Dont let "the man" keep you down, kid.

#35     Jan 3, 2006
  6. OUCH!!!

:p

#36     Jan 3, 2006
  7. nlslax

nlslax

I was gonna give you some advice re a 3 vs a 7, but I think I'll pass now.

#37     Jan 3, 2006
  8. YUP that was me. Hey, I took my shot and missed, but at least i took the shot. I dont regret trading and losing as much as i wouldve regreted never having tried. My advice goes to me too...if i have the determination, I'll raise more money, get a better trading strategy and maybe make some money then. Even though i have the cash to fund my account again, I definately need a break from trading as I dont feel comfortable trading unless i have 10k or 20k sitting in the bank. But thats just me.

Oh and iceman...no offense, but if you spend all your time scrolling thru peoples previous posts in attempts to shoot them down or make them look bad, i think you need to get a girlfriend...(or boyfriend if thats your thing) Try www.match.com

Later everyone,
    Peil

#38     Jan 3, 2006
  9. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

I think you're clueless about the difference between a trader and a stockbroker. Totally different worlds.

#39     Jan 3, 2006

10. So your saying that someone can give advise good advise, when they can't do it themselves?

This isn't Football or Boxing where you need a physical skill so you coach.

Trust me I was a Stockbroker for 5 years I know what I'm talking about. :)

#40     Jan 3, 2006