I just blew up my account today, I need a job!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by peilthetraveler, Jan 3, 2006.

1. I think
    You should use your $10K and go to a prop firm who has a mentor also u get 10.1
    and u can learn a little bit from the mentor
    :)

#11     Jan 3, 2006
  2. Pretty stupid advice. I guess you're the type that'll keep giving alcohol to somebody who's drunk until they're down in the gutter waiting for an ambulance?!

What good is 10-1 if the guy would be waaayyy overleveraged?

That's 1 of several reasons most rookies blow out!

*overtrading*

#12     Jan 3, 2006
  3. WE have Prop and Pro

Prop firms that provide risk capital and share the profit/lose with you are the only firms can teach you, NOT those pro firms who make profit from your commission

First category rarely can be found, because they aren't looking for candidates very often

Prop Rocks
    Pro sucks

#13     Jan 3, 2006
  4. Pabst

Pabst

You're really a self-impressed, sanctimonious piece of shit aren't you?

#14     Jan 3, 2006
  5. Lets keep this thread focused on helping the guy.. keep the personal attacks to a minimum please. Its an interesting thread so far, I invte people to start offering vocational alternatives that allow him time to slowly work back into trading.

#15     Jan 3, 2006
  6. I almost 'blew up' my account in a positive sense today. I was long 5 YM at 10749. And I let it go for +41 points as the first pullback in the rally shook me out and then got pissed after the rally made new highs, so I started scalping for the pullbacks that never came. So instead of being +5000 (would've been my best day ever - nice to start the new year off) had I just held i'm down -300 (all in commisions btw). Fucking daytrading mentality will always screw you. You end up racking up tons of small losses, occasional big losses, and tons of commisions and fees and then when the big winner that pays for them all comes all along so let it go for a small profit cause your thinking is so habitually short term. Peil, this is a blessing in disquise. The money is the longer term approach, if this losing streak didn't do you in the commisions would have done you in but over a much longer period of time.

#16     Jan 3, 2006
  7. Worst thing is...my stocks came back in the last half of trading...they came back between 4 to 5 dollars!! Wouldve scored me a profit for the day....But I'll do some backtesting, save some more money, and maybe in a year or 2 i'll come back. who knows.

#17     Jan 3, 2006
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

that is a step in the right direction.

#18     Jan 3, 2006
  9. Very sad Peil, I sincerely wish you best of luck.

#19     Jan 3, 2006
  10. Exactly, if I was u I wouldn't give up: pause, rethink, regroup and once u thing u are ready start again with small lots 30-50 shares.

Best of the best peil

:)

#20     Jan 3, 2006