I Hope This Puts DeBeers (Diamond Monopoly) Out of Business

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Apr 24, 2007.

1. 9999

So predictable!
    Actually, it's the other way around. She's the one who should sleep on the couch.

#21     Apr 25, 2007
  2. I bought Mrs. MacQuaide a lab grown rock. 2ct. She loves it, and knows exactly what it is and where it came from.
    It' got a TON of fire in it. Very brilliant.

Quite a few women have commented on how nice it looks, as in "GAWD what a ROCK!":D

#22     Apr 25, 2007
  3. Mvic

Mvic

Not all women are suckers for marketing, some actually take other things in to consideration and gifts of jewelry are so low on the list as to barely carry weight. Perhaps you guys are light on the other factors and need the rock to convince your SOs.

If my wife had needed a gift of a piece of jewelry to feel comfortable in our relationship it would not have lasted months let alone 20 years. Still no rock, still no need. If your lady needs a rock either she is insecure (that means you should know you are probably tying yourself to a high maintenance headache), or you are not showing her the love and respect she needs so she needs the rock as a substitute/proof.

#23     Apr 25, 2007
  4. billdick

billdick

There are whole societies of sensible women, Americans not generally included. I married a Norwegian. In Norway, at least back then, a simple gold band is worn on ring-finger, right hand, to indicate engagement and them switched to the left hand to indicate your married state.

When most young people are starting out, spending a bundle for an engagement ring is a clear indication of lack of ability to think or excessive "herd following" mentality.

#24     Apr 25, 2007
  5. mekas

mekas

#25     Apr 25, 2007
  6. zdreg

zdreg

#26     Apr 26, 2007