I hope everyone is long...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ProfitTakgFool, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Any time I look around too much (looking for police cars), she knows I'm about to step on it a little. I "normally" only get in trouble when I lose traction, and get a little sideways. That's when the shoe comments start.:D

Of course, I wouldn't drive in a "competitive driving mode" unless I were on a country road, or have a very clear shot down the interstate. And in reality, I probably step on the gas once or twice per time out with the car. I guess that's what happens when you're in your mid 30's, and have a wife with shoes who can use them as a weapon.:D

Last, I'll be keeping my eyes on the screens tomorrow, but am not trading. I'm holding long positions in my Clients portfolios, and won't touch them unless I have to.

As for my account, I don't want to blow it up any more than I already have this year, as my day/swing trading sucks right now. I couldn't make money with a "Prostitute on a Troop Train" right now for some reason.:( I'm down over 20% now in my account, and am up 1.2% YTD in my Balanced-Moderate Clients portfolios.

My Clients aren't too worried, but for my account I say HELP!!!! I was in positive territory until recently.:( That's what happens when you have a system for Clients that is followed with discipline, and an account like mine that I broke too many rules with. OUCH! I'm a rookie at day/swing trading, no question!

You need a Black/Black/Black 06 vert Vette?:( :( :D

#51     Jul 1, 2008
  2. The factory tuned ZR-1 just lapped the BASE model GT-R and NOT the tuned GT-R VSpec! :D

Gotcha! :p

BTW, I have driven a 900 Hp Supra Turbo that would put both these cars in the rear view mirror......that was an amazing ride!

Some Supra Turbo fun... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKNZJGguOtg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM1sGPwVSrU&feature=related

#52     Jul 2, 2008
  3. The Supra is very fast! The vette Perry builds is faster. He's got a Client who's spending 50m in mods to have Perry build him a 427 small block that produces 1200hp at the rear wheels in an 08 Z06. Plus the carbon fiber drive shaft, hardened output shafts, etc., :eek: No way could I drive that car and keep my license.:D

The Supra is very fast though, and that's where it's at! Great clips! I'd love to see Perry's 920hp vert Vette do battle with that Supra. I think the Supra would pull hard. Then Perry would shift into 4th at 120mph, and pass by at around 135-150mph, working his way up to 180mph in 5th. (you can get well over 200mph in one of his cars if tuned that way.) I've gone a little over 180 in a Client's Lingenfelter 427 twin turbo C6, and that was enough for me to say "can I go home now? Mommy's calling me.":D

I thought 130 was fast. 180 seems like 130 is the normal speed limit.:eek: Amazing what the extra 50mph does. I gained a new respect for the NASCAR drivers as I cannot imagine driving 180mph+ for more than 30 seconds, no less in a crowded environment of other guys doing 180+:eek:

#53     Jul 2, 2008
  4. Oh, and I forgot to ask.....can the ZR-1 do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DhA8-ePrEY

Hail AWD and the the GT-R!!! :D

BTW, thanks for getting this car talk going....I love this stuff!!! I have seen and driven in some very fast Vette's also....the new ones are really nice imo (just need a slightly better interior). I am sure the ZR-1's will pull a good pop over MSRP.....great car!

#54     Jul 2, 2008
  5. Damn.....my wife just busted me reading this thread...."I hope everyone is LONG"!

Now she is worried I am reading penis enlargement sites??? :eek:

:D :D :D

#55     Jul 2, 2008

6. That's true. They are getting ready to run the V spec GT-R at Nürburgring, and it will be interesting to see how much better it does than the base GT-R.

#56     Jul 2, 2008
  7. Correct.....This will be a great event!!! Many will be paying attention to this run......Honda (new NSX), Porsche, etc!!!

#57     Jul 2, 2008
  8. I love the AWD performance cars!

Yes, I think Porsche has something to worry about with the GT-R. I drove a 911 Carrera 4S, and absolutely loved the launches, and have to admit that the handling made me feel more aggressive in turns than the Vette does. I was putting that 911 in turns that were posted 25mph turns at 70 with ZERO problems.

I wouldn't try that with the Vette. I'm afraid the rear end would get loose, and the roadways are far from tracks with trees instrad of walls to "soften" the impact.:(

I'd love to drive the GT-R! Awesome ride!:)

I've got a feeling that I would like the interior very well too! Looks like Nissan paid close attention to the fact that you drive a car from the inside, so the interior looks detailed well.:)

#58     Jul 2, 2008
  9. i don't need to hope

:D

#59     Jul 2, 2008
  10. I've got to put this back up to the top! I love rapid acceleration!:) Maybe even violent acceleration!:eek: :D

#60     Aug 19, 2008