I Hope Everyone did the Standard Trading move here

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1flyfisher, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Here's an example of how many gaps were filled same day for S&P500 the last month. Only 2. Look how many are unfilled. I think the gap game is getting too many players, so they are taking that in consideration in normal days, and scalping gap faders.

[​IMG]

#21     Dec 12, 2007
  2. lindq

lindq

Thank you for posting the chart. But Flyfisher has just graduated from Trading 101 (as he is fond of reminding us), where he was taught that fading gaps is a sure thing.

Over time he will learn otherwise.

#22     Dec 12, 2007
  3. lindq, If you read my above post I already said it isn't always a sure thing(1:33 post). I said there isn't any sure things in the market but to trade it accordingly and to be nimble protecting your capital IF it doesn't play out.
    \
    The last few weeks we have had big up days and big down days. gap ups and gap down days. I have been trading the volatility and it has been working out very nicely. I have been buying into the big sell off days and selling into the big up days.

Happy trades!

#23     Dec 12, 2007
  4. I didn't say market gaps being filled. I was talking about individual price action of equities and how they perform when we have a market gap open.
    Intraday trading.
    EXample Market gaps open up 200+ Dow points. Short the gap open and initial run up by shorting various equities. Dow pulls back from 200 to 75. The gap up has faded intraday to 75. Close positions by buying.

#24     Dec 12, 2007
  5. I can answer your question.

There are a lot of angry people on here.
    They are angry and hostile due to their regularly losing money and teetering on blowing up their trading accounts.

So when someone such as myself states that they hope everyone made the smart play on the massive gap up open today and made money they get angry and hostile because they misplayed the opportunity and lost money.

Trader Psychology 101, Angry Hostile people are the ones losing money to you and me.

Happy Trades!

#25     Dec 12, 2007
  6. Well said Fly.

#26     Dec 12, 2007
  7. Thank You nyxtrader,

My initial post stated I hoped everyone did the right trade today....then I get these angry bitter money losers that come out of the wood work with their bogus half a$$ accusations and twisting of everything I stated.

Oh well, the lesson here is to not become one of them. Make money instead, and don't lose it and get angry and bitter.

Happy Trades!

#27     Dec 12, 2007
  8. Which was to short the gap up, right?

[​IMG]

Red dot is the time (03:17pm EST) of your initial post, why not post at around 10:00am EST?

#28     Dec 12, 2007
  9. Why 10:00am? I told you days ago that I would be buying into any massive gap downs and selling into any massive gap ups. Along with buying into any massive sellof days and selling into any massive up days. You heard it well in advance. now get over it and quit your crying.

#29     Dec 12, 2007
  10. This whole thread, why wait till the end of the day? If the market went up we wouldn't be having this discussion, you are cherry picking the results.

#30     Dec 12, 2007