I Hope Everyone did the Standard Trading move here

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1flyfisher, Dec 12, 2007.

1. No it is not a new concept.
    It is trading 101.
    That's why I said in my initial post that I hoped everyone traded the gap open accordingly.

#11     Dec 12, 2007
  2. Biog

Biog

How did you do shorting the huge gap up on 12/5 and 11/28?

Did you start a thread that morning titled "I hope Everyone did the Standard Trading move here and got screwed"

:D :D :D

#12     Dec 12, 2007
  3. I believe I posted a thread on Trading 101 that day "I hope everyone did the Standard Trading Move and Protected their Capital" that discussed protecting your capital when trades go against you and don't go as anticipated.
    Sorry guy but there is NO SURE thing when it comes to trading.
    You have to play the percentages of what is likely to occur and protect your capital when it doesn't

Happy Trades!

#13     Dec 12, 2007
  4. Biog

Biog

Boy, you missed the point again. :D

#14     Dec 12, 2007
  5. bh_prop

bh_prop

I would hazard a guess that post suspiciously doesn't exist.

#15     Dec 12, 2007
  6. Sorry you are missing the point.

If I tell you today I will be going long into a gap down and tomorrow the market gaps down that will be my trading strategy. I'm giving you 24 hours notice for tomorrow. You are crying for advance notice, there it is.

Get it?

#16     Dec 12, 2007
  7. Klamath

Klamath

Just to be clear, you mean open tomorrow below today's low, right?

#17     Dec 12, 2007
  8. buybig

buybig

Why is everyone busting 1FLYFISHERS balls?:confused:

he mentioned it was a basic strategy.

hes willing to put his money where his mouth is

if not.. hes at least pointing out a suggestion to newbies

why all the hostility?:confused:

#18     Dec 12, 2007
  9. flyfisher, I tend to like reading a lot of your comments as you seem to think a lot like the way i do.

However, regrading gaps, I've been observing many gap fade failures lately.
    A lot of the gap ups have been getting half fills, then reversing and crushing shorts for a few days.

Point is that gap fills haven't been that reliable lately from my observations.

Today worked, but there are many that have downright failed lately.

It was a worthy call, but stops/risk mgmt. have to be considered as well.

#19     Dec 12, 2007
  10. lindq

lindq

I find your posts in this thread to be obnoxious.
    Trading in the rearview mirror is the first sign of a newbie.

The S&P immediately rallied off the open this morning before reversing, which is typical of a major gap move.

Assuming that you shorted at the open (Basic Trading 101, according to you), then you would have been stopped out with any decent risk management in place.

As you have mentioned Trading 101 in each of your posts thus far, we can all assume that you've passed that course.

Once you complete Trading 102, you are invited to return here and post your heroic trades WHEN they happen. At which point you can then get on your soap box and proclaim your expertise.

Until then you are just another pretender, like so many we have seen come and go.

#20     Dec 12, 2007