I have the opposite problem of every losing trader who posts a journal

Discussion in 'Trading' started by IronFist, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Agree 100%.

Just "Buy" and "Sell" isn't a system.

Could you have made money with the rules that popped up these Buy/Sell msgs on Fri?

Maybe. Maybe not. Without knowing what is making them show up, how can you be sure?

If I know what is in it, I would know when it might not be behaving properly and revisit the logic of it. Without knowing that information, what recourse would you have?

• fri.png
      File size:
      17.6 KB
      Views:
    #11     Aug 17, 2008
  2. Would you give that system to the poor guy who has no money to trade with?

#12     Aug 17, 2008
  3. No its not stupid, it's the truth.

This is why different traders have different styles of trading, different methods and different results ... the successful ones have figured-out how they work first, and then applied that knowledge to the markets.

Hopefully the OP will begin to take a step in the right direction once he figures that out ... he's certainly been playing at the game long enough and passionately enough to have already done so by now.

#13     Aug 17, 2008
  4. So true!

#14     Aug 17, 2008
  5. IluvVol

IluvVol

Thats why you would test your system over 10+ years worth of data. A robust system should perform whatever market you run it in.

#15     Aug 17, 2008
    #16     Aug 18, 2008
  7. Traber

Traber

good post. the first I heard it explained like this

#17     Aug 18, 2008
  8. You are stuck. The reason you are stuck is because you never learned the basics. The basics are simply monthly uptrends/downtrends and weekly swing trends. A successful trader can trade in any time frame, months, weeks, days, hours and minutes. You know why? Because he understands that the more larger timeframes relate very closely to the small timeframes.

Advice- Read how to trade stocks by jesse livermore and then never read another stock book again or get another dvd again. The problem with 99% of stock books is that they focus on the minute small timeframes before anybody ever learns the basics. Understand this, the best you can do right now is develope a big picture of the market. But if you have a very strong desire to make more money in the market then keep getting a smaller, finer and more specific view of the market. Stop trading, clear your head and DO NOT study the market, travel it.

#18     Aug 20, 2008