I have the Holy Grail, but why am I still poor!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pension_Admin, May 14, 2019.

1. It has a big ass trend following label in the front and a creepy smiling face of Archimedes on the back. I know this is the real thing, because it is hard to hold tight. For anyone have one of these sitting around at home, how do you use it? Do you just club it on some pension managers head during a trend? lol

PA

2. QUOTE="Pension_Admin, post: 4859922, member: 60729"]It has a big ass trend following label in the front and a creepy smiling face of Archimedes on the back. I know this is the real thing, because it is hard to hold tight. For anyone have one of these sitting around at home, how do you use it? Do you just club it on some pension managers head during a trend? lol

PA[/QUOTE]

Let me suggest that you don't really have the Holy Grail. (Yes, there really is a Holy Grail... sort of.) That comes only when you "KNOW that you PROBABLY* should _________, and why". And with "knowing" you act with discipline, including stops. Until you get to this level of understanding and behavior, you are still searching.

*You don't ever get to "know" what to do. Best you can do is to get to know what you "probably should do."

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  3. I know without a doubt I have the Holy Grail. It is the same cup Soros and the Wizards from Commodities Corporation drink from. I know because I time-travelled back when Bruce Kovner made soybean trade in 1977 and saw it with my own eyes that it is the exactly same cup he used. Yet, I am still trading a small account in a bucket shop! :/

Regarding stops, I am the master of it!!! Lol I never miss it, and I have come up with a few strategies for stops when things go my way. It helped me breakeven in my tiny trading account in the bucket shop over the past years.

Discipline, courage, and conviction are the stuffs I might lack. I need to put more focus on that. I might need to put in more work researching on the fundamentals.

PA

4. .....I need truckload of convictions.

5. I have to admit that I got my butt kicked today. It hurt when I saw my little 7-layer pyramid collapsed.
    Good thing I learned to trade a smaller size when I am on a losing streak.

Regardless, it is only a small price to pay for a good lesson like this.

I should have taken the Fed rate cut expectation into consideration when shorting the market.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  6. Okay, I am taking day off from the market today. It does seem to know what it is doing right now. I will just focus on the spreadsheets in the office.

7. piezoe

piezoe

We haven't finished the Monthly bar yet.

Pension_Admin likes this.
  8. Why am I still not like this guy in this extremely cringy show!? lol

9. I forgot about the monthly bar! Thanks for the reminder!

10. bizkitgto

bizkitgto

I still want to be Bobby Axelrod...who doesn't?

#10     May 21, 2019