I have stopped trading futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by coolweb, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are you my boss? Are you in my office right now? I would swear you are him, you sound just like him, except all the numbers you throw around (just like he does) are missing 3 zero's on the right side.... dang man, it's uncanny how much you sound like him....

- The New Guy

#51     Dec 20, 2005
  2. COVERED RAI 40% shares

The Rest will ride

<h2>
    +$1.04 to all the scalpers!

</h2>

I also have TXN Riding, I will now have RAI riding.

Its all a ride to me.
    What a lovely ride.

#52     Dec 20, 2005
  3. Every successful person thinks very similar to every other successful person. All successful people think they are the best of the best. You will never find Muhammed Ali or a REAL CHAMP talking down his skills.

Although some are a bit more modest, you have freaks like me on the other side.

I can recognize success very quickly.
    Skill always recognizes skills.

#53     Dec 20, 2005
  4. traderNik,

My intention wasn't to give CW the benefit of the doubt, I'm just not a reactive person.

I keep thinking of that old saying: "give a man enough rope and eventually he's gonna hang himself"

To put it in context, my Mother is bipolar and currently off her meds. She's very destructive (mostly to herself but to family and friends as well). She won't take the meds because she doesn't believe she has problem, total denial. Most of the denial stems from her being an M.D. and thinking she's smarter and more astute than everyone else. Hence, she doesn't see her paranoia and abuse for what it really is. She thinks she's the smartest person ever and will never listen to another perspective. Well, she's currently in a nasty divorce and has three pending litigations against her, AND she owes the IRS a TON of money. Trust me, there was nothing I could've done...

Anyway, my personal crap aside, I've given up on attempts at quality communication in this and other threads started by CW. This forum is a form of cathartic expression for me and I'm hoping the rational/less experienced people can gain some value from what I say. In reality though, the stubbornness and attitude are really the heart of the problem and I doubt most people will make a serious effort to change that about themselves.

I personally enjoy and learn from many posts here, but like anything, you've gotta take the good with the bad.

I was not saying anything new or creative in my former post, my goal was to explain to the potential newbies (whom I'm hoping read this thread for entertainment value only) a serious point: switching from one market to another will not make one a profitable trader. That's a fact. Understanding the cost of doing business is step one. learning how to trade is step two. I've been on step two for close to 8 years now:)

Mike

#54     Dec 20, 2005

5. What you don't understand Mike is that

I was trading consistently profitable in futures before I moved back to stocks and racked up 3 $1k+ days in a row in stocks!.

My last post in my journal was +50 YM points in FUTURES which I predicted the day before I was going to do it.

<h2> I AM AN EXPERT IN PRICE ACTION </h2>

LOL! LOL!

I didn't move because I was unprofitable, I moved because I found better OPPORTUNITY.

I can trade futures like the back of my hand although I Trade very infrequently.

Stocks gives me a lot of opportunity to make 1-2-3% gains on my
    huge capital.

So really, don't stay in denial. I trade insanely well. I just need more good opportunties only the stock market (NYSE , NASDAQ over 700 big liquid caps) offers.

#55     Dec 20, 2005
  6. Okay,

In looking at my data, RAI did not trade at 96.25 at 12:06pm today. We are most likely in different time zones so do you have an execution log?

Mike

#56     Dec 20, 2005
  7. Thats a chat log.
    What you need an execution log for? To prove I trade better then you?

I mean if you doubt, just keep doubting :)

No problem with that, You don't need anything from me, just doubt :)

#57     Dec 20, 2005
  8. Heres something funny though:

very funny

[13:16] SS_> hahah..
    [13:43] coolweb> rai has issues today
    [13:44] coolweb> looks like someone is accumlating
    [13:45] SS_> accumulation/distribution=fucki/sucki the small guy
    [14:04] coolweb> nah
    [14:04] coolweb> just means
    [14:04] coolweb> the stock doesn't move
    [14:04] coolweb> oh well
    [14:04] coolweb> I have TXN from yesterday
    [14:07] SS_> Skitzo sure moves!
    [14:08] * coolwebcries
    [14:08] coolweb> hehe
    [14:09] coolweb> ss
    [14:09] coolweb> check RAI
    [14:09] coolweb> raw tim and sales
    [14:09] coolweb> or volume
    [14:09] coolweb> you see that?
    [14:09] SS> yup
    [14:09] coolweb> did I tell you or what
    [14:09] coolweb> hahaha
    [14:10] coolweb> watch the stock go down now I hope man its about feaking time this accumaltion stopped

anybody who trades
    KNOWS just from reading
    I have so much game :D

DOUBTING is futile, its all about what you know from the market.

#58     Dec 20, 2005
  9. Thats a chat log.
    What you need an execution log for?

I don't see a trade for the price and time you mentioned. An execution log is a software based log that shows, indefinetely, what your clearing firm is going to settle.

To prove I trade better then you?

Well, yes. RAI was a good trade and it is a stock off my radar.

Here is an execution log for me today. While still profitable, I really f--ked up my futures trades and only took one good stock trade. Would've been a really good day if I didn't get in my own way.

#59     Dec 20, 2005
  10. Dan,
    I truely did wish you left your post here instead of removing it I don't think anybody would have flamed you because I'm the X target as usual :) , it would have opened many eyes here.

But to answer your question, Trading multiple factacls is something I do already right now. In fact most of my targets are all in long time frames.

But trading it together with futures is insanely hard, Futures has a very very weak point based on its liquidity, It can not be set and forgotten. That is why it is so liquid.

#60     Dec 20, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.