I have shorted 50 shares of Tesla at 407.00, do i hold or Short more ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TradeTune, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Call them on the telephone and ask them.

rotaryphone.jpg

#11     Sep 14, 2020
    TimtheEnchanter and Ayn Rand like this.
  2. DevBru

DevBru

And there are just as many saying it will go back to where it was pre stock split in no time.

Nobody knows for sure, don't worry, trade the action up or down and let the predicting game over to the so called expert analysts.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    #12     Sep 14, 2020
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

Closed up today roughly +12.5% passing 50% retracement level of down move off ATH. Good luck with that if it takes out $447 Sept 2nd close, new ATH's to come.

#13     Sep 14, 2020
    VicBee likes this.
  4. BMK

BMK

Schwab warns you, with a message that appears when you place an order to sell short, if the stock is hard-to-borrow.

Currently, Schwab does not identify TSLA as hard-to-borrow.

You can have a look right now, even after hours. Just start an order to sell short again. Don't submit the order. On the last screen, before you click "Place Order," there will be a list of "order messages."

BMK

#14     Sep 14, 2020
  5. realtrades

realtrades

The fee is negligible, at least on IB, it's only 0.25%, but the stock is @ $426 right now, you're down $950 at the moment, don't let that get out of control, swing shorts are dangerous, trust me, I've lost a ton, a ton, in today's market one person's overvalued is someone else's bargain.

#15     Sep 14, 2020

6. Capture.JPG

#16     Sep 14, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. BMK

BMK

It says "If this security becomes hard-to-borrow in the future," so that means it is NOT currently hard-to-borrow.

BMK

#17     Sep 14, 2020
  8. Yes, like has been mentioned. Watch battery day. Then decide on a strategy.

#18     Sep 14, 2020
  9. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Good trade normally but the Robinhood crowd are probably buying the dips still.

#19     Sep 14, 2020
  10. Tradex

Tradex

The stock is currently making higher highs and higher lows on the 1h chart, AND it has completed a typical ABC correction (pullback in an uptrend) on the 4h chart, AND a 3 white soldiers pattern (a powerful bullish pattern) has just been formed - on the 4h chart- so why on earth do you want to short it?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    #20     Sep 14, 2020
    Developer, smallfil, Ayn Rand and 2 others like this.