I have shorted 50 shares of Tesla at 407.00, do i hold or Short more ?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by TradeTune, Sep 14, 2020.

1. I know most short sellers, have Tesla shares at around $280 to $310 in July, where Tesla had $20 Billions or 7.5% of it's float shares been shorted, by many who thought Tesla was way overvalued.

Do you think Telsa will crash those who bet against, Or should we short even more shares ? Thanks

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Specterx

Specterx

Many billions of dollars have been lost over the last year by many short-sellers who thought Tesla was way overvalued. Just an observation, as I'm no fan of Tesla or Musk.

3. Why short strength? It’s like shorting NVDA at $330 like some brilliant friends of mine did.

VPhantom and murray t turtle like this.
  4. Turveyd

Turveyd

I'm a Fan of Musk, he'll turn water into rocket fuel, don't bet against Musk, he's too smart and 1 of the few straight shooters left in the world and a good guy also rare and PC's hate him, so my hero!!

markets downtrend but high odds of a reversal, if so TSLA back to 500+ for the weekend.

It's bullish it'll go up faster / stronger than it goes down!

TimtheEnchanter and vanzandt like this.
  5. Nobody can predict the future...

Common sense would tell you to short a stock with a p/e ratio over 1000...

But also Battery Day is coming up. With many exciting announcements.

6. I'm using my own cash, no Leverage. So i thought i can hold on. And considering so many new traders and investors using few times margin, they will be out earlier than anyone else. And i think 407, it not too low for Tesla.

7. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

If you have to ask "what others think" about a position, are you sure it's the trade for you? Additionally, profitable trades tend to be unpopular.

I should point on "holding on" to shorts has the issue that upside in stock (= your downside) is infinite whereas downside (your upside) is limited to -(+) 100%. If you don't know what your exit criteria are you might well get burned.

tommcginnis and VPhantom like this.
  8. horizon

horizon

TSLA is in my broker Hard To Borrow List. Did you broker charge any borrowing fee?

9. I read many people say Tesla will drop back to at least 200 ...even it will be 50 to 87$ stock

10. I'm just new with Schwab, i don't so. Can you tell me how to find out ?

#10     Sep 14, 2020