I Have Not Been Able To Exclude The Possibility Of BLACK MONDAY 04/26

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 23, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

55 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Flat

10 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Bearish

27 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. I prefer not to say

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. S2007S

S2007S

Raise rates on the 28th, say it aint so!!!!

No matter what happens stocks will go up, even if they were to raise rates to 1% by the end of 2010 stocks would trend higher knowing that things are getting better and the economy stronger. Who knows when the bubble bursts again, there is one forming now that will take center stage as usual, after the dot com bubble, housing bubble, credit bubble, private equity bubble there is another one coming, there always is because its the only way they know how to prop up an economy that doesn't know how to grow naturally anymore. Growth in the economy is done now by printing money, injecting liquidity into the system and creating a false sense of economic growth. Amazing how the largest credit crisis in the world disappeared without any problems but a few jobs lost here and there and a couple of bailouts with some tax payers dough.

#31     Apr 24, 2010
  2. Uh, we've all been saying this for months and months now.

#32     Apr 24, 2010
  3. Man oh man the bullishness is frightening. Every chart looks the same in every market in every country....

#33     Apr 25, 2010
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

Hope you are long, since it is so obvious...

#34     Apr 25, 2010
  5. Most of the earnings and economic reports last week were stellar. As long as that continues, I cannot exclude the possibility that the stock indexes will continue to rise.

#35     Apr 25, 2010
  6. any good studies related to "sell in May and go away"? is this all BS unsupported by facts? we are only 1 week away from May.

#36     Apr 25, 2010
  7. Here is a chart of the seasonal tendency.

http://mrci.com/client/seapat/sp//spi012.pdf

#37     Apr 25, 2010
  8. Well, we are 6 weeks away from the end of May ...

#38     Apr 25, 2010
  9. noddyboy

noddyboy

What does that mean? I think the saying is go away for the summer.

#39     Apr 25, 2010
  10. the chart indicates that there is buying pressure until the end of may

#40     Apr 25, 2010