I Have Not Been Able To Exclude The Possibility Of BLACK MONDAY 04/26

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Apr 23, 2010.

SPY Next Week

1. Bullish

55 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Flat

10 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Bearish

27 vote(s)
    27.0%
  4. I prefer not to say

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. I don't know why I'm bothering but ...

Look at the other black xxxdays. What proportion of them were preceded by higher highs? Or were the big ones preceded by a lower high ... that failed into a large down day?

The best predictor of higher highs continues to be bear posts on ET (and vice versa) FWIW.

#11     Apr 23, 2010
  2. I think it's time to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re short AAPL.

#12     Apr 23, 2010
  3. Just like this corpse, undiscovered for 10 years, perhaps a bear move will be uncovered after 10 weeks of straight gains.

So it has been foretold.... :cool:

"
    Body lay under sofa for 10 years in shared Bristol flat

A body lay undiscovered under a sofa in a sheltered flat in Bristol for nearly 10 years, an inquest has heard.

The dead man, Dennis Pring, had been living with city council tenant Alan Derrick, who has learning difficulties.

The inquest heard Mr Derrick did not want to tell the authorities that Mr Pring, 73, had died because he was worried he would be evicted. ..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/gloucestershire/8633012.stm

#13     Apr 23, 2010
  4. noddyboy

noddyboy

If I were to make a prediction, next week -1% and 2 weeks thereafter +2.5% each. Why do you want that one down week so much, and what proof do you have that one down week will mean the top?

#14     Apr 23, 2010
  5. no, you are wrong. You are an idiot like all the others who fight against gravity. You just dont know it yet. Enlightenment will surely come to you after you have been stopped out 10 times in a row and finally gave up and after the market marked its turning point right after. Keep on going you have 2 more to go...

#15     Apr 24, 2010
  6. ha, see? I am actually the TRUE messenger I knew you would start fading after 2 more attempts and lose again LOL. What an idiot....

#16     Apr 24, 2010
  7. are you saying that i should not be fading my own calls? :confused:

at the same time you say that i should not follow my calls either.

are you suggesting that no matter what i do, i will be always be wrong? if that is true, than how do i take advantage of my being 100% wrong?

maybe i should not trade and just make calls and have a friend who will trade my account and fade every one of my calls.

#17     Apr 24, 2010
  8. you are absolutely right, my friend. Whatever you do about trading, I am almost certain you will lose out long-term. I strongly recommend you, as you suggested, to leave this endeavor and move on to new pastures. Mark my words, my friend, you will see. With 99% confidence ( based on past observations in this industry) does a guy who approaches trading as you do blow out and never make it to the next level. I know you will hate me now and in the future for saying that, but I hope you take the advice. I picture you in anguish and pain each time you fade markets and hope, hope, hope and getting again crushed. It must be very painful.

#18     Apr 24, 2010
  9. shorty,

change the handle to long-dong so we know it's finally time for the crash.

:cool:

#19     Apr 24, 2010
  10. hayman

hayman

I am bearish as well, as I think we are way, way oversold, but this market keeps climbing. One thing for sure, the more we climb up during this bull run, just means that the harder and faster we will fall, when things go the other way. The post credit-crisis bubble has formed, and there is still a whole lot of ugliness out there economically. It's just a matter of time, and I would expect, that most of you will agree with me on that.

#20     Apr 24, 2010