I have never met a successful trend follower

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Jan 10, 2018.

1. volpri

volpri

Tim is a great guy.

#41     Jan 15, 2018
  2. Esha.J

Esha.J

One of the easiest and most reliable ways to make money trading Forex is to follow trends and let winning trades run for as long as they will run.

#42     Jan 15, 2018
    athlonmank8 and tomorton like this.
  3. tomorton

tomorton

This sounds too simple to work but it is correct. This is the basis of a successful trading career.

An annoying aspect of forex trading is when people say it is too hard, too complicated, too risky. And they know this because they have lost money. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be told how to trade by someone who is losing money at trading.

#43     Jan 15, 2018
  4. schweiz

schweiz

100% of all traders know this... less then 20% ( or even 10%) can effectively do it long enough to make decent money.

Maybe you can explain very detailed how to achieve it? It would benefit over 90% of all ET members.

#44     Jan 15, 2018
  5. hmmmm running in the direction of the bulls at the Pamplona encierro (bull market) is not the smarter thing to do either until you into pain.

#45     Jan 15, 2018
  6. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=Weed.to

So , real time , you just buy , hold, and endure multiple 20-25% corrections because you bet this will continue to rise.
    Or,
    Real time , you extract what your trading abilities yield, manage risks with stops etc... , take multiple trades alomg the way, always trading with the trend, and end up extracting a fraction
    of the entire trend. Quite possibly a large fraction with good risk management.

Which is it that people are talking about here?
    Let this John Henry guy speak for himself.

#46     Jan 16, 2018
  7. tomorton

tomorton

Why is enduring a 20-25% correction compulsory? That seems too deep to bet its still just a pull-back. I'm pretty sure I would find I am stopped out before price gt so far off track. Then of course if it does turn out to be a correction, that's just another good place to get back in.

#47     Jan 16, 2018
    SunTrader likes this.
  8. Spot on. Forex and the S&P index are historically some of the more "trend-friendly" instruments.

#48     Jan 16, 2018
  9. That is why there are so many profitable forex traders.

#49     Jan 16, 2018
  10. Legitimately? Nearly every post I read on this forum says that S&P is a mean reverting vehicle.

#50     Jan 16, 2018