I have made a stupid move from ThinkorSwim to Schwab (StreetSmart)

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by TimtheEnchanter, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Well, StreetSmart is dogshit! Recently when I play the open for VIAC I buy 400 shares and for several seconds they send no execution back (the system is slow), when I get it (delayed) invariably the stock moves away from me. This happens time after time. I have asked Shwab when they make ThinkorSwim available, the answer is 12-36 months. The question is; can I complain and get some refund back due to their dogshit interface? I am not the best scalper in the world but at one time I made money every day of the week. Either I am giving up scalping or have to move to another platform which I would hate to do, as I have moved around too much already (TD Ameritrade, IB)
    The only positive thing about Schwab is a good place to invest (not trade!) and phone support is always available.

Cabin111 and TrailerParkTed like this.
  2. I've been on Trade Station for 5 years now. It has its pros and cons but it works for me.

I also hear from others that Ninja is good but I have no experience there.

Good luck

3. I am scalping stocks no more. Maybe I'll open a small index futures account...

4. tango29

tango29

I rarely daytrade my Schwab account, but have opened and closed a couple positions this year and have run into the issue of not getting a confirmation for awhile after the trade. I never had this issue before the purchase of TD Ameritrade, and not sure why this caused an issue, but it seems to coincide with the deal.
    I agree it is crap and I haven't gotten an answer for this issue.

murray t turtle likes this.
  5. BKR88

BKR88

Could be your email service that's delayed.
    If you have another email try that for a while.
    I get confirmation almost instantly with every Schwab trade.

murray t turtle likes this.
  6. tango29

tango29

No, I have the app on the phone and it takes awhile for the confirmation to pop up there also. I was talking about on the StreetSmart Edge platform. The trades I have made this year don't show in the transactions or my portfolio until some time has passed. In the past I had a confirmation and it showed up immediately on the platform.

BKR88 likes this.
  7. wpost

wpost

Trading is tough enough without additional headaches like delayed orders. I want to be applying my time and skill to making money, not struggling with my tools. I find that the trading landscape changes and brokers move up and down the list of "best brokers". I suggest a third party platform that works with a number of brokers so you, not a broker, can make the decisions about who handles your order the best. I made a post awhile back and maybe it will be helpful to your goals. Here's the ET link: https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/best-charting-software.356495/page-3#post-5335136

j_medved and TimtheEnchanter like this.
  8. In the first minute of trading, I get no trade confirmation on the desktop. Never mind the email.

murray t turtle and BKR88 like this.
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Always have two brokers because when one is down or you're having too many problems...

You can use your other broker trade execution platform. Simply, do not put all your eggs in one basket.

wrbtrader

MoreLeverage and KCalhoun like this.
  10. rickf

rickf

StreetSmart is beyond dogsh*t. It reminds me of the browser-based 'active' client from OptionsXpress years ago, whicih is what led me to ThinkorSwim in '07. And yep wrbtrader (good to see ya again!) is right: always have a backup broker.

I moved my TDA equity portfolio to Schwab last fall after that weeklong platform outage w/zero statements from TDA leadership, but still use ToS for charting/streaming and occasionally some futures trading - it's not perfect, but the sooner Schwab ports it into its environment the happier I'll be. Even if you're not actively traind, IMO Schwab's 'active' platforms are absolutely horrible and I don't think they're really setup for day/active-trading, which is why they bought TDA to begin with.

(I had good luck several years ago with TradeStation running in a VM on my Mac too, btw.)

#10     Jun 21, 2021