I have lost all forms of hope

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SNBthetrue, Feb 2, 2010.

1. I lost most forms of hope once.

I thought maybe I left them in my other trousers, but after a wash, they weren't there.

#31     Jun 14, 2010
  2. Actually, it is. Do you even know what Jihad is?

And I plead quite guilty to the fact that I am extremely condescending to those who cannot ponder before they pontificate.

#32     Jun 14, 2010
  3. You advised someone to "fight the war on drugs" and I took your words at face value, expressing passionate opposition to the senseless oppression and mass political imprisonment of harmless and victimless individuals which the 'war on drugs' entails.

If you meant something else, you probably should have said it.
    If your opinion on drug prohibition ever becomes important enough to you that you develop the desire and motivation to express yourself clearly and coherently on the subject, I'll hear you out.

#33     Jun 14, 2010
  4. Cmon Rearden, dont forgert who you are talking to. Addicts leave victims left and right. They tend to leave a trail of broken relationships, damaged trust, destroyed homes, destroyed finances, and very sadly traumatized offspring who often end up addicts themselves. Most addicts are walking social A-bombs. It is very appropriate to bring as much pressure as is practical on the both the supplier and the end user.

Addicts who do not make every effort to seek treatment should be treated as the menace to society that they ultimately will become.

And to stay on topic, every able bodied person would do well to either assist an addict to treatment or assist them to the border.

#34     Jun 15, 2010
  5. Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the Horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace of the years
    Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

#35     Jun 16, 2010
  6. A hundred years ago it was all legal. Addiction rates were no higher than they are today, but all the 'drug crime' and 'drug prostitution' we have now were practically non-existent.

Interfering with the free market can only serve to strengthen the black market. If heroin was legally sold for less than $3/gram (as would be the case if not for prohibition) do you really think "broken relationships, damaged trust, destroyed homes and destroyed finances" would be such an issue? Prohibition caused all of these problems, and your solution is more prohibition.

#36     Jun 16, 2010
  7. Cassie

Cassie

I'd quote on the two above arguments above but I wont for a few obvious reasons...

“Can you understand? Someone, somewhere, can you understand me a little, love me a little? For all my despair, for all my ideals, for all that - I love life. But it is hard, and I have so much - so very much to learn.”
    — Sylvia Plath

#37     Jun 16, 2010
  8. I agree, alcohol and nicotine addicts definitely need to be treated that way. We must pre-judged them before they've actually committed any crime, because we all know they will eventually. Doing this will definitely result in lower crime rates than countries with progressive attitudes to addiction, like crime havens Switzerland and the Netherlands. The marauding superpredator pot-smokers will stop as soon as they realise they'll be doing hard time if caught.

#38     Jun 19, 2010
  9. Are you seriously suggesting that you are willing to hang your hat on data that is 100 years old, to suggest stable addiction rates?

Narcotics have to be regulated, because, legal or not, eventually all the user will want to do is use, and when they want to use they do not care about anything or anyone else.

They will need more and more, which will impact their individual GDP more and more, till insolvency takes hold, and then, its broken trust, etc..........

It is not an if, it is a when.

#39     Jun 19, 2010
  10. Absolutely Cutten, lets compare cannabis to herion......nice work there, such excellent analytical skills......

#40     Jun 19, 2010