I have found the Holy Grail!!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by stanbic123, Feb 1, 2008.

1. Thats why I love elitetrader:D

#21     Feb 4, 2008
  2. I disagree, there is a holy grail in trading. Mine may not be the same as yours but if it makes profit and achieves my goals then why shouldnt I call it such especially if a lot of hard work went into it. What I know is that it was elusive and now I have "found" it.
    My goal has always been to mechanize the whole process of trading so that I can just relax and use the profits for other worthwile pet projects so when I talk about generating signals I dont mean a combination of perfect indicators, there is no such thing as far as I know. No I mean mechanizing my decision making process and having confidence that even without human input, the same trading decisions are made. There is more to life than trading.

#22     Feb 4, 2008
  3. if there were a holy grail, it would probably be something along the lines of ignoring impulses to believe/declare that you have, or will ever conquer the market with some perpetually effective, signal based methodology

that's not even a grail, more like a basic foundational requirement... even if it takes a decade to figure out (imho). whatever signal criteria you discovered could be good, but i wouldn't get too attached to it

#23     Feb 4, 2008
  4. Happens to me all the time.... right before a huge loss:cool:

#24     Feb 4, 2008
  5. man

man

you are aware that your thread is at best provoking? and you are
    right that the community does not enjoy to be provoked. your
    insight ist obviously not purely mechanic, seems to have some
    psychologic element at least. yet you do not even slightest mention
    what that is. now, that is ... provoking. either share or say nothing.
    you cannot start a dialogue with the attitude not to say anything ...
    that is no DIAlogue.

and actually the only thing why you did not get REAL et-like posts
    is that you were wise enough to choose the psychology section for
    your revelation.

#25     Feb 4, 2008
  6. I know for sure I have reached an equity curve "pivot" when I start daydreaming a lot of stuff lol.

#26     Feb 4, 2008
  7. Been here 4 days and you know already what you love about ET? What did you spend the entire weekend reading 100's of threads?

#27     Feb 4, 2008
  8. I do believe you've really found your holy grail - with a limited lifespan! Congrats! :)

#29     Feb 4, 2008
  9. If he's finally understood how the market works, he should get attached to it, b/c it happens over and over. There's no other option, just different contexts.

Enjoyed the holey comment :)

#30     Feb 4, 2008