I Have Done It Again

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Compulsive, May 25, 2007.

1. is this true?

gosh!!!! :confused:

#51     Jun 27, 2007
  2. I agree. Pros treat the business like a marathon, not a 40 meter dash.

#52     Jun 27, 2007
  3. I know that some of you think that this post was a lie - But is all real. To answer as to why I dissappear...man...do you know what is like to be in that posittion? To lose just about everything? Not only material shit that it doesn't mean anything, unitl you almost lose your family? Your children? Even your own life?

Depression sets in and your mind plays the scenerio, what if....what if I would have done this differently....the only thing I do regret is to actual post it...maybe I was looking for some comfort.

One at a time, is all I can't take at the moment...I am for real

#53     Jul 2, 2007

4. My friend, If I may call you that...I did not go from $2.5k to $235k.....at 2.5k I quit and 2 years later I save money again and started all over....obviously you were not reading correctly

#54     Jul 2, 2007
  5. If you ever trade again I have a very simple suggestion. Trade under an LLC, make your wife a partner. Write out a trading plan, your wife being the VP, has the right at any moment to suspend your trading privileges if you violate the trading plan. You have to daily meetings go over your trading. Make yourself accountable until such time you can demonstrate you have changed and our responsible. Right now I don't think you can trust yourself. You need accountability to a vested party.

I know, I can just imagine, the macho ego responses I will get for suggesting such a thing, but the guy has a problem and he needs to be held accountable for his actions, positive or negative. Put your pride aside for now.

I have known friends in anonymous programs. I am sure they have told you, you should never trade again. You are getting some form of negative emotional fulfillment out of trading.

Do you really want to go through that emotional roller coaster again?Think long and hard about it before answering it for yourself. :cool:

#55     Jul 2, 2007
  6. Only add to winning positions and make sure you have an edge before going live.

However, if you are truly an addict to the "game" you got absolutely NO BUSINESS trading.

Anek

#56     Jul 2, 2007
  7. Joab

Joab

First of let me congratulate you for being a man and finally taking responsibility for your circumstance and more importantly admitting your ways.

I have been in this business for over 20 years and your story is as old as the hills.

The truth about the markets is that ONLY Warren Buffet (style) traders have the right style for longevity past 10 years.

Every other style has a limited lifespan that rarely goes past 10 years before it eventually blows out.

There is nothing WRONG with you but there is something wrong with your trading style if you are looking past profits longer then 1-3 year runs.

If your going to trade take your profits OUT while you have them and do not try and accumulate into a large bank roll.

In other words pay yourself Monthly all your profits.

#57     Jul 2, 2007
  8. I'm definitely addicted to the game... playing it well, finding good trades, and managing risk properly. This guy wasn't addicted to the game, he was addicted to gambling. I think you have to be addicted to the trading game to make it as a trader... otherwise someone else with more passion will do the work you didn't and find a new edge while your current one deteriorates.

#58     Jul 2, 2007
  9. I think you are confusing addiction with dedication.

Anek

#59     Jul 2, 2007
  10. I reside in Orlando, FL (yeah, Disney Land). to those that think and or feel, or to those that would like to see if this is real, I be willing to meet with you.

I no longer have real time data, Genesis in my opinion is the best, but if you do have real time and are currently trading I will meet with you and sit with you in your home or office and see how I trade and then you can decide if I am a bullshitter or all real.

I know that I have issues in terms that for some reason after a while I falter. But if you are real and have the Risk Management then we can talk.

Let me know, and email me at splash6869@yahoo.com yeah, that is not my regular email, but I do have to be cautiuos, don't I?

#60     Jul 3, 2007