I have decided to put a significant amount of my money with AMP

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by balckagroop, May 28, 2020.

1. Will update this thread if I have any problems with 'compliance' or anything else. Plan on using them as 1 of my 2 dedicated futures brokers.

So far they have been accommodating. Initial wire was sent today in low 7 figures. I do intend to make use of intraday margin, and plan to increase my holdings with them over time if we can build a good relationship.

I cut by 50% my initial wire (at the last minute) after someone on a Discord server alerted me to the guy with $3m on here whose account was closed without warning. The suspicion here was that he was taking on too much risk for his account size, when you adjust for how small their firm is. Talked to a higher up over there and he assured me that this isn't the full story and that I should not have any problems related to this. Their intraday margins are to be freely used by anyone, regardless of the $ value size of leverage / total balance.

I do not plan on spoofing, using algos of any sort, or attempting to put in more orders than intraday will allot (if that's even possible).

So far, things are going smooth which is great. Will update in a few weeks if anyone is interested.

2. RedDuke

RedDuke

Amp pretty good. Heard good things. Met few people in nyc. They used to host events.

3. destriero

destriero

I trade size but I cannot wait to see how this turns out. Balcka loads millions in his account and trades 200 lots with the first $100K and $6K per car above that. Wheeeeeee. I want to see the video where you sweep the book.

coplii, CALLumbus and Real Money like this.
  4. I was assured repeatedly it is actually $800 per /es. If your account balance exceeds $100k you’re going to have the first lot be $800 not $400, and everything above $800 as well.

So <$100k = $400 per lot
    >$100k balance = $800 per, no limitation

coplii likes this.
  5. hilmy83

hilmy83

huh..good to know

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

As noted on the bottom of AMP margins page...
    https://www.ampfutures.com/trading-info/margins/

Note:
    DayTrading margins are twice the displayed amount for account balances exceeding $100K.

7. destriero

destriero

lol even better.

CALLumbus likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Don't be an asshole. If you are putting 7 figures into any broker, especially AMP, don't treat them as your candyland, or you risk the rest of us who use them as a broker.

Respect the initial margins from the CME. IGNORE AMP's discounts, Mr. 7-figure.

Trade like you are under those initials! Don't be a cowboy!

Actuarial_Fun likes this.
  9. Overnight

Overnight

What is YOUR favorite flavor of microwave popcorn? I prefer Orville's Theater Butter. The one with real butter.

Let's watch this guy destroy AMP, and take everyone down with him/her.

10. Overnight

Overnight

Don't do it. Please.

#10     May 28, 2020