I have completely lost faith in humanity

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'm with you. But the jackasses did post a pretty stupid craigslist ad.

"Fairly large, free yard sale. Moving and we want everything to go for free. So come over and take whatever you want and how much you want. Here are a couple of items that will be there: Couch, chairs, lots of household and kitchen items, appliances, a wardrobe, desk, recliner, movies, lots of books, lamps, women's and teens' clothing, etc. And also a box of free food with lots of cans. Please take only if you need it. We're starting at 10 a.m., October 24th, and we'll finish when everything's gone."

3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, but when he comes home and tells them to stop, they are like, f*ck you, I'm not stopping. I mean who acts like that? I agree, it's a poorly worded ad. But they did "break" into his home. It was locked!!!!!! And then refused to stop when he asked them to. This is what shotguns are good for.

4. +1

Who the F did they think was going to show up? Never give a reason to let the parasites near your family or your home.

Good Will would have sent over a truck with some volunteers and they would have put their belongings to good use with families who needed it.

Instead his house is pillaged and the scumbags will be selling it online or hocking it to the local drug dealers.

It's a shame, but a little common sense would have prevented it (or as Mav said, a few warning shots would have helped too)

5. They were robbed, period. Where are the cops?

6. hughb

hughb

They are in the SVU, (Stupid Victims Unit), laughing their asses off.

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

One asshat broke in (they don't know who) and the rest just thought it was a take what you want festival. When he told them to stop, one other asshat got in his face, but the others said nothing and left with hands full.

I'm with you, having a weapon would have stopped that right away, but he had none.

8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Seriously. Anyone who has ever done ANYTHING on Craigslist knows you don't give the whole world your address and tell them to "show up and take what you want". When my wife sells something on Craigslist, I talk to the ONE person on the phone who agrees to the price, and then I share info with them. When they show up, I have a Sig in my holster at my side. They know there's no fucking with us (not that the people who have ever shown up would be those types of people).

Hell, people have died from Craigslist ads.

9. hughb

hughb

"OK sir, let me see if I have this right," the burly mustachioed Officer Bronkoski said. "You posted your address on craigslist telling everyone to take what they want. And when they did just that you want to file a robbery complaint. Is that about right, sir?"

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

How can someone misunderstand YARD sale?!?!? Meaning, what's in the fucking yard, not breaking inside the home, and committing felonies!:mad:

And yes Mav, I am a life NRA member. You should check them out for the one year deal. If you do, DEFINITELY get the magazine called First Freedom. $35 is cheap for what you get. I promise you'll love that magazine!

"NRA's first pure news magazine, America's First Freedom, delivers timely, hard-hitting journalism that tells the truth about the threats to our Second Amendment rights. It features an editorial profile that clearly defines the issues surrounding the one belief that insures all our freedoms -- the Second Amendment"

Last, I agree. If the people had been home, and been armed, none of this would have happened. Using deadly force against someone isn't ANYTHING I would wish on a person to have to deal with, but it's about being able to live another day vs. allowing someone to harm, or kill you.

The animals that did this need to be locked in a cage.

#10     Oct 25, 2012