I have bought Al Brooks' Trading Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Visaria, Sep 8, 2015.

1. romik

romik

2. Q3D

Q3D

Your earlier questions were red herrings. No. I purchased all three of Brooks' books on PA. Visaria's didn't say they profited on the 5 minute timeframe on the ES futures market using Brooks' unique method of PA/TA interpretation. General technical analysis, if that's what Visaria learned in the course and profited from, is not relevant to the issue of 5-minute ES futures day trading, which is far more dangerous and difficult than your typical TA-partially-educated swing trade.

#722     Sep 30, 2015
  3. Short 1906 st 1909

#723     Sep 30, 2015
  4. out 1901 +5

#724     Sep 30, 2015
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

Reminder, this is Viscario thread about Al Brooks education content...not yours.

Therefore, anything he states about any concepts he's taken from the video course is very relevant especially when it has an impact on his trading (good or bad). In contrast, if you start your own thread, its relevant to you and maybe not to him.

Its irresponsible for you to intrude on his thread and pretend his opinions are NOT relevant when this is HIS thread. Folks like you get banned for stuff like that. In fact, if he complains to Baron (ET owner) when everybody know you can start your own thread with complaints...

Worth your while to start another thread.

Don't misunderstand, there's no censorship considering you can start your own thread. The issue you just revealed is that your voice in Viscario thread is more important than Viscario own personal opinion just because he doesn't use the content the way you did. Funny thing about you saying "not relevant" about his use of the education content...if Viscario was to have said Als content is not helpful or he doesn't understand it...I bet you would not say his opinions are not relevant...I only say this because someone else said something like that and you didn't make a reply to say their opinion isn't relevant. :D

Think about it carefully, you have a voice...just hope Viscario doesn't get tired of it especially if you tell him his opinions about how he's using the content is not relevant in his own thread.

You got problems and you've shown your agenda.

Reminder, Al Brooks content is discretionary...not automated system. Thus, a discretionary trader will use the content any way he/she wants and their use of such is very relevant to them.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    #725     Sep 30, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  6. Visaria

Visaria

who is this Viscario guy? I wanna word with this mofo! :D

#726     Sep 30, 2015
    Pigsky, dartmus and justrading like this.
  7. L 1887 st84

#727     Sep 30, 2015
  8. Visaria

Visaria

Brooks appears to focus on 5 min bar charts, but he claims the principles work on all price bars regardless of time.

#728     Sep 30, 2015
  9. dartmus

dartmus

Brooks himself prefers discretionary trading but many such as myself prefer as near to automated as possible. Thankfully his stuff is perfect for automating. If testing demonstrates it's as profitable as it sometimes looks then even with my strong disposition toward automating I might settle for audio and visual indications when a signal is present. At least while it's still relatively new to me in the sense I've been aware of many of his concepts for a long time but it's only recently I've began assembling everything in a manner in which I'm becoming comfortable is what I've been looking for.

#729     Sep 30, 2015

10. This is a clear tell that brooks and his followers are primarily paper traders. The all time frames thing is the domain of simulation--/.

surf

#730     Sep 30, 2015