I have bought Al Brooks' Trading Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Visaria, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Visaria

Visaria

thanks for your support during this difficult time :mad:

#41     Sep 9, 2015
    Alpha Trader, i960 and londonkid like this.
  2. I thought you were a TA advocate? (I may have you confused with someone else)

#42     Sep 9, 2015
  3. k p

k p

I think you have. Autodidact is I think really good at what he does, and I think his approach is 100% mathematical. TA is difficult to code in my opinion based how some use it, but if you go about trading via indicators and formulas, and come up with stats that have an edge, then its not too difficult to see how you can make this work.

#43     Sep 9, 2015
  4. I know why I thought that now. Someone called barcadia said that TA Was all rubbish and autodidact seemed to take offence. So I figured hed be in favour of al brooks

#44     Sep 9, 2015
  5. k p

k p

Ah.. yes... its had to keep all these guys in check. Sometimes I feel like I need to make a little cheat sheet for myself and keep a track of who posts bullshit and who thinks what of whom, and who actually makes money, and .... (LOL) You'd be surprised how often I came across posts of people who kept preaching like they knew their shit, and then in some other thread you find out they are still look for an edge or aren't even profitable.

#45     Sep 9, 2015
  6. Accepting the basic premise of TA is not an all-or-nothing proposition.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    #46     Sep 9, 2015
  7. Autodidact

Autodidact

I am an advocate of TA just not the kind of crap people write about.

#47     Sep 9, 2015
  8. Why is it so difficult? Can you add some color please. thanks

#48     Sep 9, 2015
  9. Q3D

Q3D

A lot of the difficulty from Brooks' teachings, and in my opinion this is a red flag warranting skepticism, is that Brooks tries to abstract his teachings by looking at charts in an after-the-fact and detached theoretical manner. I think it would be much more enlightening as well as strengthen the educator's integrity, if they could teach by showing in real-time, e.g., how they quickly found and traded a lower-high major trend reversal, from watching the close of 5 minute bars, following a gap down in yesterday's ES price action and how they exited at a target of support and how they placed their stop slightly above resistance, making sure that the stop does not get hit by noise while also controlling risk and having a proper risk to reward ratio of 1:2 or higher. If you can't teach people to do that in a tangible and concrete way in real-time IMHO you shouldn't be considered an educator, this is too dangerous a business to attach such a positive word so liberally to a mere collection of information.

#49     Sep 10, 2015
    mess7777 likes this.
  10. All TA is defacto after the fact analysis. Remmber charts only exist after price has moved. Using them demands that you guess on the next move. Doesn't make much sense to me. Peace. surf

#50     Sep 10, 2015
    NoVoodooHere likes this.