I have bought Al Brooks' Trading Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Visaria, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Hope it was a good dinner. So your wife is correct but the world's greatest trader is wrong?

(you used the same argument elsewhere comparing Brooks and Victor N, so thought i would try it on you :D)

#31     Sep 8, 2015
    samuel11 likes this.
  2. Visaria

Visaria

Lol, have to admit having gone through 3 of his videos now...it's gonna be tough...

#32     Sep 8, 2015
    mess7777 likes this.
  3. Pigsky

Pigsky

My understanding is that there is nothing illegal about sharing your trading results. Look at ProTraderEd who was outed as a fraud on BigMike's for faking his daily trade blotters.... he had done that for many years and NFA never came after him. Dan Zanger and Mark Minervini still market themselves with their trading results from back in the 1990's.

The trouble comes if you lie about it in some way and are high profile enough to get caught by authorities. Such as Larry Williams famously promoting himself via his 1 million dollar profits in an audited trading competition, while not mentioning that he lost 6 million for his OPM accounts over that same time period. He got in trouble with the NFA for that and was fined for misleading advertising.

So if Al Brooks started talking about how much money he made, as an educator and seminar speaker there is an outside chance he might one day come under audit by the NFA to make sure he is being honest about it.

#33     Sep 8, 2015
    Money Trust and Al_Bundy like this.
  4. Pigsky

Pigsky

Also wanted to mention I remember this question of vendors not being allowed to post performance came up on Big Mike's..... and I recall Mike saying it was bullshit. LOL :D

I think the gist of it was that making live calls could get you in trouble if you are not doing it correctly and with the proper risk disclosures (this is not financial advice or solicitation to buy/sell, etc), but there is nothing illegal about reporting past performance as long as you're being honest about it.

#34     Sep 8, 2015

5. For whatever it is worth, i have created and published these types of courses for several "big name" educators.

Many of these guys "farm out" their material to ghost writers and content creators. Its all marketing, yet people keep buying looking for the secret.

#35     Sep 8, 2015
    NoVoodooHere likes this.
  6. wjk

wjk

Did you charge them for the courses, and were these courses based on your style of trading, or on material they provided for you to publish for them? (If I'm misunderstanding what you are saying, my apologies).

#36     Sep 8, 2015
  7. No, nothing to do with my trading. For example, i was hired to create a course on elliot wave that a well known trading "educator" put his name on and sold ---

My point is that some of these people don't even produce their own courses. They pay others then they market them.

#37     Sep 9, 2015
  8. londonkid

londonkid

hahaha. you know what I am talking about!

#38     Sep 9, 2015
  9. wjk

wjk

Understood.

#39     Sep 9, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  10. Autodidact

Autodidact

You are wasting your time.

#40     Sep 9, 2015
    NoVoodooHere likes this.