I have bought Al Brooks' Trading Course

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Visaria, Sep 8, 2015.

1. wjk

wjk

Just a consideration about how much money Brooks has made. Would anyone trust him more selling a very inexpensive, extremely detailed view of the market not knowing what he's made, or telling you he has the holy grail, has made millions, and you can, too!? (and probably charging you tens of thousands for the program instead of a few hundred, and still not really verifying his earnings).

#21     Sep 8, 2015
  2. Yes, great point --- But it is a major red flag whenever a publisher uses security or futures regulations as an excuse not to provide performance. To the best of my knowledge, publishers are exempt from such regulations.

#22     Sep 8, 2015
  3. Understood. Should it turn out that there is no NFA regulation against publishers publishing results but brooks says this to avoid providing results, will it change your opinion??

#23     Sep 8, 2015
  4. wjk

wjk

What if you took the identical trade when it set up again, but it failed? He does say there are trades he would take, and others he wouldn't, but still gives reasons why you could, or why an institution on the opposite end might.

Average gain or loss points over a period could still be questioned because the markets just aren't that consistent. If gains and losses were all over the road map from week to week or day to day, it would need to be explained. I personally think he's avoiding the stuff many of the bullshit artist gurus do, which I consider a form of honesty.

I borrowed this from a website that others had set up before he was selling his newer material. It's been around since the first book, I believe.

http://www.brookspriceaction.com/portal.php?sid=df423edff895f621bb57aa946791c484

From the FAQs section:

Why don't you post your own actual trades?
    [​IMG]
    Because I don't want to register as a CTA and subject myself to the distraction of compliance and audits. I called the NFA and asked for guidance before launching this site. They won't allow me to make claims of results, to make trade recommendations, or to answer specific questions about your trades. These all require NFA registration and I want to keep my life simple (look at my charts...black and white, no indicators). They said that I am able to post my analysis of charts and answer general questions without having to be registered.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    #24     Sep 8, 2015

5. Yeah, even the dark lord can make misstatements about the stock market. I don't think heis trained in stat analysis.

surf

#25     Sep 8, 2015
    wjk likes this.
  6. Visaria

Visaria

Lol, nice one. Are you trained in statistical analysis?

#26     Sep 8, 2015
  7. Visaria

Visaria

No, i couldn't care less. Anything i learn from him, i subject to my own thinking and testing.

#27     Sep 8, 2015
    dartmus likes this.
  8. wjk

wjk

Exactly. That is how I view it. A detailed perception of the markets that can enhance what I've already learned, and I concluded that when I began to understand a few of the articles in Futures mag. At that time, he was just selling the one book.

#28     Sep 8, 2015
  9. [QUOT
    No, and I am not the palindrome dark lord, but a PhD microstructure quant just made me dinner.

surf

#29     Sep 8, 2015
  10. londonkid

londonkid

If I were you I would get yourself some Colombian marching powder. You are going to need it to stay awake.

#30     Sep 8, 2015
    Ghost_of_Blotto likes this.