i have another profound statement to make

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 8, 2006.

1. while i'm at it, this is for anyone who buys fur

http://www.furisdead.com/feat-trentreznor.asp

#31     Sep 13, 2006
  2. here's another example of why i do this

i was talking to some DUMB religious girl that my friend knows. she was cooking hamburgers or something and asked me if i wanted one. i said i don't eat meat. her stupid response was, "i believe god put all this here for us ..so i think it's ok."

well here's some effects of those beliefs:
    http://www.petatv.com/downloads/agri_long.zip

how about ditching this religious shit and realize we are just different living things than the ones we eat. we're not necessarily better than them. they're not here for us. god didn't put them here for humans to chop up while still alive. their existence isn't necessarily any less valid than ours. a true god would teach to respect all life. i myself, am a better person than JESUS. seriously.. i'm worth worshipping more than that dickhead. but i cede it wasn't his fault he was a dickhead.

a modern man should only eat meat if he has to. and the killing of the animal should be done as quick and painless as possible. and before its death should be treated with respect.

but anyways..in the future we're gonna grow meat to eat ..without a brain attached. but that day is not here yet, and especially won't come for a while in 3rd world countries..

i don't wanna turn this thread into a meat eating/peta debate so i'll stop here....

#32     Sep 13, 2006
  3. Cutten;

"Consider the following case - you have spent the last few days porking a gorgeous young Muslim woman during a short stay abroad. She then turns to you in bed after another long, satisfying f*ck, and asks your views on God. Do you:"unquote;

Marry her? Yes, absolutely. "They" don't take to kindly to lesser options.
    I've seen this, its not pretty-the entire family moves in , or if your lucky, next door, so think again if your looking at an option like this .
    You want a life? Good luck-you want a family? Good option for you, if interminable servitude is your kettle of fish.
    Just saying, is all.

#33     Sep 13, 2006
  4. trainr

trainr

Just because confusion exists, some people believe that truth is absent.

The "effects of people having these beliefs" statement is a bit self-defeating, at least in regards to christianity. According to its founder, his followers were to be known by their "effects;" which means that those who have negative effects aren't true followers of this fellow. (1Jo 4:8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.) So, it doesn't sound like you are criticizing christians, although some of these people may be identified as such.

I don't argue for religion, but I would argue for christianity, on the basis of a reasonable deduction.

We know historically that at least 500 people died at the hands of Nero because they claimed to follow this same fellow. As a matter of fact, not only did they claim to follow him, they vigorously refused, at the cost of all else they held dear, to deny him.

These same people were contemporaneous to this fellow; they lived at the same time and walked the same streets. They had heard him say that he was God and to prove it he would rise from the dead. ( Mat 27:63 and said, "Sir, we remember that when He was still alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I am to rise again.')

They also knew that either he did rise from the dead or he remained in his tomb.

Based on what they knew, they willingly died.

How is that different from any fundamentalist who dies for what she believes?

Here it is:

Many people will die for what they believe to be true, BUT

*** how many people will die for what they KNOW to be false?***

If you can come up with an explanation that is MORE believable than what I've deduced here, I'd be interested.

#34     Sep 16, 2006
  5. cia psyops.

#35     Sep 17, 2006
  6. trainr

trainr

I have some questions as well.

We know from history that national identities typically die out after 5 generations of the dispersal from that nation. For example, we refrain from recognizing any ethnic group as American Mayans, or Russian Mayans, etc.

We also know that the Jews were dispersed as a nation twice, all the while maintaining a national identity as well as eventually re-occupying their *original* homeland.

Why were the Jews different?

The 1st 5 books of the bible, known to the Jews as the Torah, have an interesting feature. If you take every 7th (the biblical number for perfection) hebrew letter in these books, in 4 of the books the word Torah is spelled; the last 2 books spell it from right to left and the first 2 books spell it from left to right. Why don't all 5 books have it? Maybe because the middle book has the name of God instead. The first 2 books show Torah pointing to the name of God, as do the last 2 books.

Is that a coincidence?

(This heptadic structure is throughout the "bible" of these christians, in the new portion as well as the old.)

When Jesus was crucified, Pilate placed a sign above him that read, "JESUS THE NAZARENE, THE KING OF THE JEWS." In the hebrew language the 1st letter of each word spells the name of God, the same name that Jesus earlier applied to himself .

Is that a coincidence?

In the book of Genesis, there is a prophecy about the Messiah that says the Jews would not lose their "scepter" (interpreted as sovereign self-rule) until the Messiah had come. One of the reasons that the Jews had to appeal to Pilate to crucify Jesus was that they had recently lost this sovereign self-rule and were not allowed to put someone to death. At the time this happened, Jesus was walking their streets.

Does that have any significance?

#36     Sep 18, 2006