i have another profound statement to make

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Sep 8, 2006.

1. i previously started the thread "attack religion without fear"
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74793

well i've thought about it some more and i realized something profound.

but first you have to understand what a "meme" is. for that, go here
    http://www.christianitymeme.org/

now here is what i realized...

the entire concept that religious beliefs are somehow sacred, should be respected, and should not be attacked IS SOMETHING RELIGIOUS MEMES HAVE EVOLVED TO KEEP PEOPLE FROM ATTACKING IT.

in other words, religions have evolved so effectively, that they STILL INFECT THE MINDS OF NONBELIEVERS--TO NOT ATTACK IT.

do you get it? a religious meme in the mind of an atheist, since it can't infect as desired (to be a believer), instead resorts to making the atheist think he must still "respect" the meme.

do not let it happen to you. lol

2. this is like a few years ago when i attacked religion here ..on christmas eve i think.

the religious people came out whining that i had no class, etc.

2 THINGS WERE REALLY HAPPENING HERE:

1) the religious meme tried to make me think it was wrong to say antireligious things near such a "holy" day. but i'm too intelligent to fall for that.

2) those infected with the meme, tried to make me seem like a bad guy for what i did. this is the meme trying to make nonbelievers respect it, as i stated in my previous post.

3. Christmas has NOTHING to do with religion.

You did that? Foolhardy.

And i still have'nt got an answer, as to , precisely why , god wont heal amputee's.......

4. Why do you feel the need to attack religion at all? Are your own personal beliefs so weak you feel threatened by religion? Any religion? I suggest you read this book:
    http://www.audible.com/adbl/site/pr...ie=Yes&productID=BK_SANS_000715&redirectFlag=
    Bottom line is, there is no absolute certainty regarding the issue of Gods existence, let alone an actual human interaction by such a being. Intelligent people can set aside their personal and political bias while egaging in healthty debate without "attacking" the beliefs of those with opposeing views.

5. Stoic
    zeno?
    "Bottom line is, there is no absolute certainty regarding the issue of Gods existence, let alone an actual human interaction by such a being. Intelligent people can set aside their personal and political bias while egaging in healthty debate without "attacking" the beliefs of those with opposeing views."

You said it yourself.

Healthy debate over religion =genocide, always has, the history speaks for itself.

How many examples, would you like?

6. There is an argument to be made for the questioning the actions of organized religion, but in America, where the freedom of speech, the freedom of thought, and the freedom of personal faith is revered...it is the sign of a very small mind, or a severely damaged personality that often is found attacking personal faith and/or personal belief systems.

It really is nobody's business if someone else is theist or atheist in the privacy of their own homes, or in their own churches, etc.

These attacks from Gekko and others, I believe come from childhood wounding yet unresolved surrounding religion.

The militant atheists who attack people who have faith, have some serious issues and resentments to be healed...

It is a form of fundamentalism, and these fundamental atheists are the flip side of fundamentalist theists who push their belief systems on others, often speaking in very dogmatic and absolute terms about what others should think...

7. Quote from Zzzzz

'
    It really is nobody's business if someone else is theist or atheist personally, and these attacks from Gekko and others, I believe come from childhood wounding yet unresolved surrounding religion.

The militant atheists who attack people who have faith, have some serious issues and resentments to be healed..."

BULLSHIT, if that means legislating against anyone on that basis (which is the entire foundation of the united states)
    Or if those attacks result in MASS MURDER , or LYNCHINGS, or any other CRAP these religious FREAKS deem fit to pass into law.

Childhood wounding? You BETTER be joking.

8. No joke.

Guys like Gekko, stu, and maybe you...

The resentments against religion and personal faith are the clear cut symptom.

We have laws that surround actions not faith, and those actions if unlawful are punished equally for theist or atheist.

To impugn someone for their personal faith is UnAmerican.

9. bollocks.

10. Yes, deep thinker response.

#10     Sep 8, 2006