I have a strategy... where do I screen for it?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by switze22, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Hey all,

I created a strategy or algorithm or whatever its called for trading with several indicators...

Where can I find a screener to search for stocks that fit it? Am I going to have to pay?

I like Chartfilter.com but it doesnt have all the indicators nor can you type in specific values

Thanks,

David

2. Oh yeah that looks pretty sweet man.

Thanks

3. oh man, been there long ago

eons ago, wrong way

NO EXIT buddy, NO EXIT

make it your goal to trade single chart on daily basis OR longer term basis but Single chart

Wow I just saved you 12 months of self discovery

sorry I robbed you of self discovery :)

4. I am going to go ahead and say...

uhh what?

5. Well man, I don't use stockfetcher. I only use my own trading software and as for the rest of your post it's a load of rubbish.

To the OP: If you think you have isolated some sort of technical screening strategy, you must look at the market conditions in which you tested it with a very critical eye. And always always keep in mind - long when when the broad market is strong, short when it is weak. Market -> sector - stock

6. sorry I meant to say my stuff to the OP not you :)

7. You may want to look at Tradestation. its the only one that I know of that you can screen in real time 1000 stocks that fit a formula that you want.

Its what I use to find stocks to trade. I use IB to execute the trades as the commissions are a lot less. As long as you open an account with TS with $5K they will charge you about $160 per month. If you trade over 5,000 shares a month they will provide the software for free.

Best of trading to you

8. Tums

Tums

wealth-lab

9. edbar

edbar

If you have a TD AMERITRADE account, you can get the CoolTrade Automated Trading system for free. You can scan all 7500+ stocks on the Amex, Nasd, and Nyse with the provided CoolTrade Strategy Wizard.

#10     May 6, 2008