I have a serious problem: I don't take a loss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BPtrader, Aug 31, 2009.

1. I trade ES. see you tomorrow in the market, loser.

I saw much bigger losers than you every day, losers who threw in 300 contracts at the worst time.

#71     Aug 31, 2009
  2. Listen to Psycho-Cybernetics. You need to find out why you can't stand being wrong. No one here can tell you that, you can only find it within yourself. Psycho-Cybernetics is the key.

FWIW It is readily available in the bittorent community.

#72     Aug 31, 2009
  3. ok, I had a little too much fun, more than I expected.
    can't stay here all night. bye.

#73     Aug 31, 2009
  4. You're quite clearly a troll, intentionally ignoring logic and focusing on stirring the pot.

What a waste of space.

#74     Aug 31, 2009
  5. FB123

FB123

Agreed. BPTrader, welcome to my ignore list.

#75     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Yes, it does, and, yes, you need to read more than just wikipedia.

#76     Sep 1, 2009
  7. I don't think he does. Clearly Wikipedia is already more than a match for his reading comprehension skills.

#77     Sep 1, 2009
  8. It is you who don't understand.

To explain a behavior (let loss grow) with another behavior (risk seeking) is not acceptable. This is equivalent to explaining a medical symptom (e.g., coughing) with another symptom (e.g., sneezing).

In my words, you cannot explain an effect with another effect. You must explain an effect with a cause.

But again, you don't know the cause, hence your ignorance.

#78     Sep 1, 2009
  9. I don't read wikepedia when it comes to scientific research. I read loss aversion when I was a student long time ago, most of the those social psychology "theories" are merely repackaging of basic psychological theories. Those social psychologists simply add a few laymen's terms to make a "theory" appealing to the public. Most social science theories can be traced back to ideas of 2000 years ago.

#79     Sep 1, 2009
  10. CTan

CTan

This might explain your problem of taking a losing trade.

The need to be right all times causes painful losses when market moves against you.

Just my 2 cents.

Chris.

#80     Sep 1, 2009