I have a serious problem: I don't take a loss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BPtrader, Aug 31, 2009.

1. FB123

FB123

Oh my god you are such a fucking clueless moron. Who gives a flying shit what the reasons are according to you, you dumbass? I don't have a problem cutting my losers, and neither do a bunch of other people on these forums. The fact that you seem to think that you're holding some type of holy grail in your opinion is screaming out how inexperienced and clueless you actually are. Seriously dude, stop before you embarrass yourself further.

#61     Aug 31, 2009
  2. OP, ya do do have a serious problem, and its called "You're a Douche bag"

cheers.

#62     Aug 31, 2009
  3. You make my head spin. But I'll play along. Please explain loss aversion to me.

#63     Aug 31, 2009
  4. I can categorically tell you this: You DO have a problem cutting your losers, IF, a big IF, you are a trader.

All traders know you ARE lying when you say that.

You have just embarassed yourself, but you may not know that, because you are not a trader. A lot of your words are cut and paste type of materials.

I don't think you trade, am I right?

#64     Aug 31, 2009
  5. FB123

FB123

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... you really are amusing. Alright, I have had all I can handle with you. I would bet a hell of a lot of money that you will NEVER, EVER make it as a trader. EVER. You are so full of shit it's not even funny.

#65     Aug 31, 2009
  6. you can't read? it's in the wikipedia. what you read is what you get.

Again, loss aversion cannot explain why a trader lets a loss grow.

#66     Aug 31, 2009
  7. Your assumption is WRONG again.

I just posted that I am making money, but you idiot doesn't read.

You are a hopeless idiot!

#67     Aug 31, 2009
  8. I just wasted 5mins of my life reading this thread and a few more seconds typing this msg out!

(Except for Rednecks description of a small gain and calm feeling of a large loss) On the money for me.

#68     Aug 31, 2009
  9. If your problem is taking losses, don't worry about it! You won't have to deal with that problem for much longer...

#69     Aug 31, 2009

10. Wikipedia:

Compare to my previous post:
    Again, let me highlight a part of the wikipedia quote:

"Conversely people strongly prefer risks that might possibly mitigate a loss (called risk seeking behavior)."

Not cutting your losses is exposing yourself to more risk, because they prefer to take the chance that the stock will turn around than to cut their losses.

It's this very risk seeking behavior which stems from loss aversion that explains why many people can't accept a loss.

If you still don't understand, please tell me what stocks you're trading so that I may profit off your mistakes.

#70     Aug 31, 2009