I have a serious problem: I don't take a loss

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BPtrader, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Loss aversion doesn't explain why a trader lets a loss grow. According to the theory, a trader would cut his loss quickly. But a trader doesn't.

#51     Aug 31, 2009

2. Why do you assume that you know me better than myself?

The more you assume, the more stupid you look. Don't you understand?

Are you REALLY a moron?

#52     Aug 31, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Thank You FB123

But as I’ve stated before – I am open and can learn anything from anyone

To stay true to myself – yes I am open and would love to hear it

But also know I’ve already been there done that with not taking losers (I think I was probably the king of not taking losers at one time)

Now I take them without question

But yes - I am not so big on myself to know – everyone has something I could learn Sir... If I only listen..

Take Care

RN

#53     Aug 31, 2009
  4. Actually you misunderstand loss aversion. While it would be logical to cut your losses if you were consciously loss-averse, loss aversion simply means a dislike for taking losses.

Given a portfolio with two stocks, one that has gained in value and one that has lost value, most people will sell the stock that has gained, and will refuse to sell the stock that has lost value. Losses hurt, and most people can't take it with a cool head and no emotion.

#54     Aug 31, 2009
  5. FB123

FB123

That's great - I like to learn too, and never discount the source... unless it's some guy who has been consistently lying and contradicting himself on these forums. If he actually had anything intelligent to say he would have said it already... instead he's just playing this "I'm not going to tell you anything" game because he thinks it makes him look smart. Read between the lines... or better yet, read his previous posts.

#55     Aug 31, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Funny (meaning quirky)….

When I started out I was the exact opposite – a loss never hurt – no matter how big

They actually made me absolutely calm and relaxed (A hellofa thing to overcome looking back)

But I do get what you are saying Sir

RN

#56     Aug 31, 2009
  7. If you think I will tell you, you are wrong.

I don't have a deficiency in self-respect, and I won't give out something valuable to gain the attention of some anonymous idiots on a public forum.

So far, my conclusion remains the same: You are ALL ignorant of the reasons.

#57     Aug 31, 2009
  8. FB123

FB123

I don't know you better than you know yourself. What I do know is that you're full of shit and that half the stuff you posted isn't true. That's a 100% fact, proven by your contradictory posting history.

Which of course explains why everyone is arguing with ME on this thread and calling me an idiot... oh wait, nope. It's you.

Kid, this really has been a laugh, but it's time for me to leave you now to play by yourself. Thanks for the cash you'll be contributing to my accounts.

#58     Aug 31, 2009
  9. Redneck

Redneck

Point taken

Thank You Sir

#59     Aug 31, 2009
  10. I do not misunderstand loss aversion.

You did.

#60     Aug 31, 2009