I have a dream.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by STOCKKBROKER, Feb 23, 2002.

1. stevet

stevet

every book out there is as useless or as good as any other (none of them will make you money - that bit is up to you) - read them all and try to learn everything and then start applying it to trading and then read them all over again and start to develop your own style

#81     Feb 28, 2002
  2. This was a step forward, if I were to make a million dollar a year, how is it possible not to have big losing day?

It is only natural that my losers will get bigger as my winners will be too.

That being said, it was a "good wake up call" for me. I learned what I did wrong and will not do it again. I will probably fall flat on my face again but that is the whole learning process.

I remember a great quote, when you are a little baby, you parents help you to learn how to walk. If they failed on the first try, they will try again, and again and again until they learn how to walk.

I don't think any parents will say oh you have learned enough, you are not going to get it, stop trying.

No wonder every one in the world walks. lol.

#82     Mar 1, 2002
  3. I'm not an active trader, yet. Although, I found that whenever I'm stressed out....a good masturbation "Hot, New York Minute" will do the trick(since, I'm a minute-woman). :D But, for the ultimate stressbreaker....it's hitting the gym with all your troubles, and running on the treadmill or lifting weights. Your problematic days will deflate in size and dimension, when you're at the benchpress and are having difficulties lifting 100 lbs of dead weight. Your focus changes, and your body thanks you later.

Have you noticed that *almost* every sucessful trader out there is in tip-top shape (or at least the ones that I see on CNBC at their trading desks)? Of course, that's an unqualified statement, but at least most sucessful traders keep their brain muscles in shape, too!

Stockbroker, go ahead and invest in that martial arts class for yourself. Damn! You're worth it! :cool:

#83     Mar 1, 2002
  4. Martha just took this thread to a whole other level!
    And you called me self confident? I'm not disclosing my sex life! :)
    But I'll have to say...working from home is great :)

#84     Mar 1, 2002
  5. Now that is what I call an eye opener.

Not much suprise me anymore, you definetley caught my eye with your comment.

I hope you have more good days than bad, well maybe it should be the other way around?? lol

Minute woman, hemmm that's surprising. I think you are the top 1%.

#85     Mar 3, 2002