I hate to do it but...

Discussion in 'Journals' started by michael21, Sep 21, 2011.

1. I'm starting a journal.

I started trading live about 5 months ago trading 100 shares at a time. I hoped to use my system and quickly progress to 500 and then 1000 and 2000 shares. For some reason I just can't seem to stick to my system. I'm hoping by posting my trades and showing my P/L I can finally sustain the consistency I've been searching for.

Feedback is always appreciated.

2. Come on people give me something...

Where are the "You suck man, quit trading" and the "Good luck, buddy"

Let's stir this pot...you'll wanna be my friends when I make my millions....

3. You've given us nothing to work with...

Most journals give a general overview of the trader's system... talk about the instruments they trade... which broker they use... what goals they have in the near term... etc...

4. Valid point, sir...

My apologies

Well I started trading futures a few months back because a friend of mine got a job at a retail firm and they were trading futures so I figured...I guess the pros trade futures so for about 4 months I traded live (I had simmed stocks for 8 months beforehand) and the first month I lost about $1,500 and the next 3 months another $1000 or so....so definitely not bad...learning...paying my dues etc...

I was trading the 5 yr and ES and felt they were too fast and I didn't like the tick size. I figured switching to stocks, I can control the tick size...100 shares=.01 200=.02 so on and so forth...So I started with stocks once again about 2 weeks ago and have lost a couple hundred dollars...

I'm trying to be consistent with 100 share wins so I can move on to bigger lots but can't get any traction....I decided to follow to stocks..Citi and AUY. I have a technical system I use...nothing to fancy but after checking every indicator eSignal came with I'm comfortable with it...I'm just very jumpy because I want to make money pretty bad...I'm young and have a nice bankroll about 30 grand so I have time but I just feel like after 10,000s of charts, thousands of hours, a few thousand bucks....it is my time....

Short term....make a decent living so my wife doesn't have to work....4-5k a month...

Longer term...Change the world.

5. Friday: Today was a short day...just three trades...

+$31.00

I am looking for consistent returns...

Long term I'm looking to trade a few thousand shares but for now, I'm happy with $31 on 100 shares.

• 9-23.png
      File size:
      27.4 KB
      Views: