I hate those trend days.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ditch, Dec 2, 2002.

1. noahlh

noahlh

Sorry for the novice question, but can someone (Breakout?) tell me which indicator is being plotted by the dotted red lines on the price graph of the first image posted? (retrace.png)

--Noah

#51     Dec 2, 2002
  2. Well, I am really sorry... I promise to work on this...:D

#52     Dec 2, 2002
  3. onelot

onelot

donchian channels i believe

#53     Dec 2, 2002
  4. Hi...It's a 30 period Donchian Channel

#54     Dec 2, 2002

5. Smooth trend day? Are you watching the same as the rest of us? The 20th, 21st and the 27th might have been smooth trend days, but not today.

By the way, absolutely killed it today!

:D

#55     Dec 2, 2002
  6. Well, it was smooth for some, not so smooth for others.:D
    That's what makes the market.

BTW, I am glad to hear that I was not the only one to score points today. I was beginning to feel lonely here...:D

#56     Dec 2, 2002
  7. The morning drop after 10:00 was smooth, IMO. The rest of the day was choppy. From a more macro view, it could be said the whole day was smooth, since we opened near the HOD and closed near the LOD. It's all in one's Point of View.

#57     Dec 2, 2002
  8. I think there were two smooth periods today, both good for several points. In the second smooth part I was up over 8 pts (my short entry was @835.5), but ended up with 4 (stop-loss after 8 pt advance), the first one was much smoother of course and there was more room for bigger profits, even over 10 pts if your entry was high enough.... In fact, in the second smooth part I was only one tick away from my target of 9 pts. Well, you do not always get what you want...

#58     Dec 3, 2002
  9. Ditch

Ditch

i guess, you don't have mirrors in your home

#59     Dec 3, 2002
  10. wdbaker

wdbaker

So Ditch, would the macd be set like macd(3,10,14,c) or are you doing something else?

wdbaker

#60     Dec 3, 2002