I hate those trend days.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ditch, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Ditch

Ditch

if i didn't exit at 3 pts:mad:

#31     Dec 2, 2002

2. db, 450+ ES points with the system you've outlined on your "Keeping It Simple" thread??:eek:

#32     Dec 2, 2002
  3. Ditch

Ditch

Ok, you win. Longshot, how about you?

#33     Dec 2, 2002
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Just kidding, LS. People who claim to have made whatever without providing at least the specifics of their strategy are just making it up.

--Db

#34     Dec 2, 2002
  5. Yes, I keep it secret also because if I revealed it, you would simplify it... and that I could not stand.:D

On the other hand, one of my really simple systems will soon be available to the public in one way or another. You will then be able to see if some of the statements I made on this board are true or not. The system is very simple and its calls can very easily be traced back and compared with what I posted here. I will even provide you with the historical data to do that. I got some requests in this matter and that's the only reason I decided to make this system available to others. It's the simplest and the best tested system I use.

This system would have you go long @937.75 today and so it was a bummer today (6 pt stop-loss got hit!), but on the whole it's a real beauty.

The system that gave me 9 ES pts today is also very simple, at least ten times compared to a very elaborate system featured in the forum of rather misleading title 'Keeping it simple'. It works, but I still need to do some more backtesting to see what I can really expect from it in the long run. Yet another of my systems is short @935.5. Of course this system is also simple, but since it involves one moving average it is much more complex than the other two systems I use. BTW, I am 2 pts up (at least) with this system thanks to a trailing stop, still can score even more. It's not my favorite, though... you know MAs are not my cup of tea, I prefer things much more linear...

In December I am considering to be more discretionary, meaning if two of my systems suggest short entries, for instance, I will not take a long entry if it is suggested by the third one, just as it was the case today. Well, I will see if it works.

This is just to remain obnoxious...:D

#35     Dec 2, 2002
  6. i don't mind saying that i can learn something from you and db cause although i haven't done the counting i know i'm under 200 for Nov. on ES.

i'm not complaining mind you but i see i have lots of room for improvement. lol.

great job db & ditch!

watch out for this month cause i'm comin' to get ya!:)

#36     Dec 2, 2002

7. JEE ZUZ db, you had me going there:D

#37     Dec 2, 2002

8. HAHAHA HAHA HAHAHA:D :D

#38     Dec 2, 2002
  9. Ditch

Ditch

#39     Dec 2, 2002
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

If you're making 10ES a day or thereabouts, you're doing just fine.

--Db

#40     Dec 2, 2002