I HATE the new CNBC!

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by comp652, Jan 9, 2006.

1. comp652

comp652

I've given it some time now, just to make sure it wasn't just me and that I could adjust to the new swooshy (CSI) sounds, moving backgrounds and moving charts. This is intensely annoying and makes it hard to concentrate on what they're saying.

Is there anything I can do to at least tell them what I think?
    I know there are many others.

Why won't they poll us on this? With all these polls they're doing you'd think they would do that.

What do you think?
    Love it or Leave it? ? ?

Thanks

Comp

2. If you have a comment or question about a show, you can call CNBC Viewer Services at 877-251-5685, or send an e-mail message directly to your favorite show from our Email CNBC TV page.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/cnbc/tv/default.asp

3. No big deal. You don't need to listen to those talking heads, anyway.

4. I've had to kill the sound when I have the channel on, as I suspect many other viewers have done. I've also called and written to complain. So much for feedback.

So I would invite the ad sales people at CNBC to call their advertisers and ask them to produce their spots without sound from now on. Because nobody's listening.

A major dumbing-down of a channel that desparately needs smartening-up.

5. they are just catering to their viewers imo

6. the only thing that's bothered me about the new format was how they pinned the market averages to the top of the screen, cutting off half of it.

i see they finanlly dropped it a line. the font is still too small, tho. i wish they'd put it back where it was, and increase the size.

7. Longhorns: apparently you are a representative of CNBC?

Why not just respond to the comments posted here, instead of redirecting. Are you not listening?

For the record, I do not watch CNBC. It doesn't help my trading, its a distraction. But for those who do watch it, apparently the ET boards are filling with people who don't like the new changes you have made. Instead of taking them and responding directly, you redirect.

I suspect that NOT listening to your customer base is what put your channel in the precarious position of having to radically alter its broadcast, and risk alienating many long time viewers. It appears your method acting has not changed.

8. I am assuming Longhonr simply cut and paste that from the CNBC page and thus the "we" reference is in there, making it look like it is from him, but he was poasting the statement from their website directed to the viewers to make comments.

9. WTF are you talking about? I posted the link to answer the thread starters question.

10. Exactly.

#10     Jan 9, 2006