I hate stuff from Home Depot!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Fractals 'R Us, Jan 12, 2009.

1. A track light is out, needs a bulb. The bulbs don't have any markings as to wattage. The lamp fixture has no marking as to wattage, the document that came with the pos does not say anything about bulb wattage. I go to the store and find that there are 20 watt, 35 watt, and 50 watt bulbs that all look exactly the same. Do I put a 50 in there and risk melting the plastic pos or do I give up the struggle for bitchin' kitchen lighting and put in a 20 and just give up?? Every pos from Home Depot or any of the builder boy big box stores is like this. They squeeze the garbage out of somebody's ass in China and throw up a document that is ok'd by a bevy of Lawyers but it doesn't tell me what I need to know to use the pos :mad:

2. duh. you read what the old bulb says.

3. Speakin' of duh, I said in the post "The bulbs don't have any markings".

I'm pissed. No wonder Germans rule the New World Order. They make stuff with parts lists, specifications... they deserve to rule!!

4. 50 watts is very bright. My guess is that it's a 20 watt bulb for track lighting.

forex-forex
    -------------
    Electrician

5. I'll start with 20 and work up if necessary.

I can't stand this home repair garbage you get in these stores... and a zillion trips to do a five minute job... they change the stock out all the time and you can't get parts, the new parts don't fit what you bought last year.... give it all to the Germans and let us at least have some high quality stuff with specs and parts...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: