I Hate Myself

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by toby, May 1, 2003.

1. sucka dick

#11     May 1, 2003
  2. funky

funky

dude, you have more problems than that. you're talking as if it either happens this week or it doesn't. which tells me that either you don't understand what it means to be a professional trader, or that you are betting with money you can't afford to lose. if its the former, then i can't help ya, if the latter, then paper trade your system and be TRUE to yourself. seriously....i have my level 2 screen up, my mouse button right next to the buy/sell button and when i paper trade i actually HIT the mouse and record the price level with slippage.

#12     May 1, 2003
  3. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

< How to make myself more robotic and never double guess the signals generate? Before I know the answer >

If you back tested your system and believe in it why on earth would you not follow it if you believe it will be profitable. And if you're having a major drawdown then you better decide how much pain you can tolerate.

#13     May 1, 2003
  4. OUCH!!

• wtf1.jpg
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
    #14     May 1, 2003
  5. lundy

lundy

if u are in a losing position, get out now.

#15     May 1, 2003
  6. toby

toby

Should I QUIT?

No.....I am not going to quit!
    Yes....I am Down but I am not out!!!!

Somedays I will make back what I lose after I overcome my biggest enemy....MYSELF!!!

I'LL BE BACK!

#16     May 1, 2003
  7. toby

toby

How do make me more discipline? Will having a trading log help?

Any suggestions or comments? Please help!

#17     May 1, 2003
  8. Toby-

I think a trade log will definitely help you. However, as others have posted, I think you might need to address some "other" issues,
    before going back to hitting the button.
    At least you have your sense of humor, usually the last thing to go....;-0

GreenDog-

You are a sick puppy. Maybe even Rabid. I'd put you down myself, if I could step away from the trading desk. ;-)

-momo

#18     May 1, 2003
  9. lol,
    I went through that phase when I started out. It's gonna hurt.

Either you get out of your position now, and do some more soul searching, or you go through catharsis, lose ALL of your money and go through a period of self reflexion.
    Either way you cannot keep trading like that.
    What's it gonna be ?

Trading is not for everyone, if you are trading money that you cannot afford to lose, get out and get a job.

#19     May 1, 2003
  10. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

< How do make me more discipline? Will having a trading log help? >

As far as discipline, you need to follow your system and not second guess it. And if you're underwater you need to sell longs (or cover shorts) when you hit your stop loss points. I am assuming you have a max loss per trade. As far as a trading log, I kept one for the first year I traded. I'd sit 15-30 minutes in the trading office after the market closed and generate my daily notes from all my trades. It helped me quite a bit.

#20     May 1, 2003