I hate holidays when the market is closed

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tortoise, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Daal

Daal

OP on suicide watch again

#41     Dec 21, 2012
  2. tortoise

tortoise

And then there's New Year's. Basically we've got ahead of us 10 entire days of making merry.

Shoot me now.

#42     Dec 21, 2012
  3. the1

the1

Spoken like a true trading addict. Those long weekends are killers, eh? What other job makes you look forward to Mondays than Fridays. Only one I can think of. Trading On and Trade Smart!

#43     Dec 21, 2012
  4. Holidays are great when you're short vola. Nobody bothers to come in until after 1/1. I live for long weekends and Winter holidays.

#44     Dec 21, 2012
  5. one time I was long beans, Nov a whole year out. Back then it was fashionable for wives to bitch at their husbands and shop the day after Thanksgiving.

So there we were in the mall buying all the gifts for Christmas my kids "needed" (and she was jewish, but never let a good opportunity to buy things go unspent.)

They didn't have computers back then, but they had pay phones. So I stopped and called the office to get a quote.

The conversation on my end went something like, "How high? SELL!"

I hung up the phone and she said, "You sure seem to suddenly be in a much better mood."

#45     Dec 21, 2012
  6. Monday thru Friday – Trading and running my business.
    Saturday – Usually Poker and still running the business.
    Sunday – I am looking forward to the trading part of Monday thru Friday .
    :p

#46     Dec 21, 2012
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

[​IMG]

Humbug!

#47     Dec 21, 2012
  8. might as well just say, you hate thin markets

I've spent dollars made in thin markets

and dollars made in thick markets

they both spend about the same

#48     Dec 21, 2012
  9. Handle123

Handle123

Long ago I decided trading just wasn't going to be enough to make me happy, so I have built businesses, eventually have others run them. This year I rented three lots and sell Xmas trees, it has been fun to oversee during evenings and I help others to have a job during these hard times.

I found some fifteen years ago, I was getting majorly burned out from all the trading I was doing. Had to force myself away from the game and find other avenues to spend my time. Too much of a good thing eventually makes the game old.

Happy Holidays all.

#49     Dec 21, 2012
  10. yeah, we use to have an old guy like that. He owned all the important businesses in town. We played poker once a week. He wasn't that good. But one night he started mouthing off about how he was buying corn. Next thing you knew, they were talking about it on CNN let alone cnbc.

#50     Dec 21, 2012