I hate holidays when the market is closed

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tortoise, Nov 22, 2012.

1. the thing is, forex trades 24/7. You can trade on Saturday morning on Christmas if you want, if you can find a broker who will execute your order. The thing is, the markets become so thin. So, when most of the people are not going to be there anyway, they just close the market rather than have spreads as wide as the Grand Canyon.

#31     Nov 25, 2012
  2. if the point of the thread is to proclaim you would be happy just to work everyday, no break, I agree

Usually on Monday I lose my ass.
    Tuesday I recover
    Wendnesday I think about it
    Thursday I put something on
    By Friday I have the whole deal figured out
    And on Saturday they close on me

#32     Nov 25, 2012
  3. zdreg

zdreg

by monday i have forgotten the purpose of the trade. too much weed, my man, does it.

#33     Nov 25, 2012
  4. name for me one thing where too much of it won't get you.

If the market was open 365 days a year, the same one's complaining about too many Holidays would be complaining about too many work days.

I don't believe in "All things in moderation"

I believe in "All things right up to the point of excess"

#34     Nov 25, 2012
  5. tortoise

tortoise

+1. Truth is, I think I've become a bit obsessed.

#35     Nov 25, 2012
  6. silk

silk

I'm thinking people give thanks because really they are pissed off and have many things to be unthankful for, and they are just trying to cope by finding something to be thankful for. Just a way to keep from going crazy and admitting to themselves just how many gripes they have about their current situation.

#36     Nov 25, 2012
  7. tortoise

tortoise

Well then, at least they're trying. Better than the alternative.

#37     Nov 25, 2012
  8. huchonok

huchonok

I don't need weekends. especially when I leave my positions open on weekends and on Monday a crush cames to my account

#38     Nov 27, 2012
  9. tortoise

tortoise

I hate Christmas most of all 'cuz it's not just one day off but, as a practical matter, the whole week.

#39     Dec 21, 2012
  10. Wasn't that 'Respect the chemistry" (Walter White...)? :D

#40     Dec 21, 2012