I hate holidays when the market is closed

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by tortoise, Nov 22, 2012.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

Such a trouble maker. :D

#21     Nov 23, 2012
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

There was a time when the market was open on Saturdays. There are times when I wish that was still the case.

#22     Nov 23, 2012
  3. tortoise

tortoise

...markets...wife...either way, I'm screwed.

#23     Nov 23, 2012
  4. Daal

Daal

OP on suicide watch today

#24     Nov 23, 2012
  5. zdreg

zdreg

#25     Nov 23, 2012
  6. tortoise

tortoise

Actually, OP got up bright and early, went long, and stayed that way 'til lunch.

But now I have tomorrow to deal with...

#26     Nov 23, 2012
  7. speaking of vacations/holidays/voluntary time off from trading - there was a true story of a s&P floor trader from the 80's who took his wife to europe during the crash of 87 and he completely missed it and so he got a flight on the concorde back here but it figures he would have made millions if he was here to take advantage of the market volatility. yes i know he could've easily have lost millions but still. would you rather be away from the market having your wife spend your money that you earned or making money for yourself?

#27     Nov 24, 2012
  8. Humpy

Humpy

There are holidays in Asia surely ?

New Year etc.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, is an old saying here.

#28     Nov 24, 2012
  9. tortoise

tortoise

Depends on the wife...and the money.

#29     Nov 24, 2012
  10. Humpy

Humpy

The OP must be a bit short of ideas.
    He should get up and moving on something that will intrigue or amuse the rest of the family too during the holiday.
    One idea that leaps to mind is to go bargain hunting around the car boot ( garage ) sales, antique shops and auctions. Learn a lot and maybe find that over looked million $ item.

#30     Nov 25, 2012