I Hate Debt

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Kevmeister, Sep 20, 2008.

1. don't worry that debt will be miniscule in a few years after we inflate this shit out of our currency, all part of the plan :) :)

#21     Sep 20, 2008
  2. Allen3

Allen3

Yeah I've heard that before in books I've read. I think it's probably a wash with the possibility of coming out ahead later on. My savings at some point will out way my mortgage and can pay it off at anytime I would want if it makes me feel better. I think there is a reason my mortgage company wants me to pay off my low interest mortgage ASAP. They keep sending more and more promos for that. If interest rates stay low to long and I lose some of the tax advantage on interest maybe we just pay off lump some. It's kind of a bet against interest rates staying at historic lows with no risk cause I'm fixed with no prepayment penalty. :D We'll see. thanks for your advise.

JIM

#22     Sep 20, 2008
  3. Having debt induces the feeling of being a prisoner.

If u have no debt, government is on the other side of ur trade.

#23     Sep 20, 2008
  4. Debt is self defence, but has a cost.

#24     Sep 20, 2008
  5. monee

monee

I agree.

In a big Real Estate move prepaying the mortgage is bad.

Just think in an area of $500,000 homes that 25 years ago were selling for $125,000.

Instead of prepaying your $100,000 mortgage you would have been better off buying a 2nd $125,000 house and borrowing the 25% down in a equity loan and rent it .

The negative cash flow would probably similar to the amount you prepay on your mortgage and now you have a huge amount of equity in 2 properties.

#25     Sep 20, 2008
  6. I am closer than ever to being all cash. Cannot wait for the day to come.

#26     Sep 20, 2008
  7. dinoman

dinoman

Rah rah! Only debt I have is from student loans and they are so low it doesn't bother me.

No car payment, no mortgage and no CC debt. The only burden of debt I carry on my back is the strive to inform more Americans of the Pyramid skeme our government is shoving down our throat. I'll admit though its a heavy burden and a tremendous uphill battle.

#27     Sep 20, 2008
  8. how rich is our self appointed financial planner guru.

His statement that no one gets rich via leverage is assinine. No one gets rich without debt and leverage. Unless via inheritance and in this case itsbudually via someone elses leverage think people. Use all your tools. Leverage is just one of them or be forever stuck in nowhereland and the king of nothing

#28     Sep 20, 2008
  9. That was the majority of my debt. I also made 2 bad investments when I was young. One in RE and one in Oil.

I wish I could take all three of those back. Should have started learning to trade in grade school.

#29     Sep 20, 2008
  10. Cutten

Cutten

The same is true of rent. Both mortgage interest and rent payments are "dead money".

Since you have to live somewhere, it can often make sense to get a mortgage rather than rent, especially when mortgage interest payments are significantly lower than rental payments on equivalent properties.

#30     Sep 21, 2008